Default WTB M1903 - Lyman 26 Front Sight

My SA 1181953 rifle is basically in decent shape except the front sight appears to have been used as the bottom of a crutch! I am refurbing it to be able to use the Lyman 48 rear sight, and also to get the parts to install the original rear sight if it is decided to go that way in the future.

I am seeking a new or Used Lyman Front Sight Blade #26 as the one on it is trashed.

Interesting to note - the sight blade has the pin hole enlarged, and sits on a fine copper wire. Anyone seen that one before?

I am in NE Kansas

Rifle Pics -
    [url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/46064258@N08/albums/72177720300217054[url]

WTB Sight Pics

Looks like someone did a bit of necessary creative engineering to fit the Lyman sight blade w/ the front sight base! Ebay is a good start for finding a replacement. Might have to replace the base as well. The copper wire insert is odd. The blade is marked A which is normally something seen with 03-A3 front sight blades. Possibly that would account for the oddity of the pin hole not being a exact match for the base. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

Default Marbel gold bead front sight

found this in a box of parts at a gun show, these are no longer common to find

let me if your interested and unable to locate the Lyman 26p1010003_0005.jpgp1010004_0006.jpg

Thanks everyone. Been going through old catalogs trying to make sense of what was out there back in the day. A huge variety for sure. This knowledge paid off as there was a NOS Redfield #21 online for a decent price, so it's on the way! Also found a Redfield 2A3 for 03A3 in an odd lot online as well. Believe I'm probably set, but I'll leave this up until the #21 comes in.

Found - Redfield #21 that should work has arrived!
    Thanks!