Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Danish 30-06

I consider the AMA stuff to be very accurate, but this stuff is just as good. Yes, it's stamped 94 (I should have gotten a shot of a nicer case). I didn't pay $20 a box for this but I would have.

DSC01638-2.jpg
    DSC01640-2.jpg

I guess good reloaders can make rds. like this, but I never got into weighing cases and all.
    Last edited by dryheat; 07-13-2022 at 06:50.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    IIRC, Talon was not just delinked, but unloaded or broken down and reloaded,

mediocre at best,

however, I have a couple cans left of the Talon 4895 that is still good and does a good load in both 223/5.56 and 30.06
    Some was repackaged.

The stuff sent to the CMP was simply de-linked and put in the brown boxes.

This was ammo the CMP got from the army and sent to Talon for processing.

Talon also had some de-mil contracts that allowed them to do reload/repackage.

The CMP ammo, the mixed lots cannot be excluded as a reason for the big groups. The HXP that came out at that time, single lot right out of the spam can, clip or carton, just as God intended.

- - - Updated - - -

CMP also sold off cans of M118LR for a time. Peel off the stickers to see that all cartons in a can were of the same sublot.

M118LR was also sold by Federal in bulk for awhile, at the same or higher price than the CMP. Paying "match ammo" prices for bulk packaging of mixed lots makes zero sense to me, but presumably they sold all they had to sell.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dryheat View Post
    I consider the AMA stuff to be very accurate, but this stuff is just as good. Yes, it's stamped 94 (I should have gotten a shot of a nicer case). I didn't pay $20 a box for this but I would have.

DSC01638-2.jpg
    DSC01640-2.jpg

I guess good reloaders can make rds. like this, but I never got into weighing cases and all.
    I bought a lot of pulldown M852 projectiles off a guy some years ago. 168 gr SMK. Possible collet or faint case crimp mark on them, but no stabs. Priced right.

They do not group quite as well as virgin SMK 168s, but for practice ammo, they are very very nice to have.

3. Default

Never shot a lot of the M72 Match in the M1 Rifle, but shot a lot of the XM118 in my SA NM M1A. The M852 was an improvement over the XM118 in the M1A, and when a friend bought several bulk boxes of the XM118 173 grain bullets we found out why. Bullet weight in the 173 grain bullets varied by up to 3 or 4 grains either way. He never bothered to load any and stuck with the 168 grain Sierra HPBT.

ive got a case of the Danish. not sure if it has 660 rounds in it though. ive got another empty with 1,000 rounds of IMI 55g .223 ammo...

ive got a lot of the 280rd .30cal cans DCM/CMP was selling 20-25 years ago and i have one case (two .50cal cans) of the brown boxed -06 CMP was selling at the turn of the century. i bought two cases of that and shot almost all of one. i sold some of it to another shooter. it shot surprisingly well, i thought

Quote Originally Posted by Major Tom View Post
    Way back, the popular ammo for garands was the Danish surplus 30-06 loaded in garand enblocs and bandliers. It was priced right and quickly sold out? I bought 3 wood crates of it @ approx. 660 rounds per crate. It was berdan primed and was very accurate in all my garands with zero malfunctions.
    Anybody still have some?

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, I get requests for my handmade pistol boxes. So, now I do not make them anymore as cost of wood and etc. have risen. I still have 4 or 5 left tho.
    I cannot seem to remove my signature (below)
    I still have an unopened case in my ammo locker. It will stay that way.
    USMC 1969-1993 6333/8153/9999
    USMC Combat Pistol & Shotgun Instructor
    FBI Rangemaster