Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Danish 30-06

Default Danish 30-06

Way back, the popular ammo for garands was the Danish surplus 30-06 loaded in garand enblocs and bandliers. It was priced right and quickly sold out? I bought 3 wood crates of it @ approx. 660 rounds per crate. It was berdan primed and was very accurate in all my garands with zero malfunctions.
    Anybody still have some?

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, I get requests for my handmade pistol boxes. So, now I do not make them anymore as cost of wood and etc. have risen. I still have 4 or 5 left tho.
    I cannot seem to remove my signature (below)
    Last edited by Major Tom; 07-10-2022 at 05:49.

2. Default

Just got a can (500) PRVI "for M1 Garand" at LGS. Graf's-one per customer.

Blog Entries

had a small amount, but either shot it or sold it,

when it was cheap, I had a stack of M2 Lake City, and started reloading , so never bought too much of it

re your sig line, you should be able to click SETTINGS on the top right, the click EDIT Signature on the left side of the screen, about half way down under MY SETTINGS

I had 100 rds I got from somewhere and I treated it like valuable jewelry. It's all gone now.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

5. Default

I have a sealed crate of lot 3 AMA 87 and an open crate of lot 4 AMA 91. Seems like there are several bandoliers in an ammo can somewhere. According to my notes it totals 1500 rounds.

Excellent ammunition, accurate and very reliable. I think it was loaded a bit on the light side but who cares about that as long as it worked the action. I think our son still has a couple of bandoleers left.
    Last edited by Art; 07-10-2022 at 06:54.

Bought it like it was candy. Sweet stuff for my M-1's. Alas, the candy store is long since sold out! Thank God for HXP and reloading! Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

Close to 10 years ago the CMP sold off spam cans of Lake City Ball M2, cartons, 520 rounds, early 50's non-corrosive era. Not cheap for the time (0.50 a round, LOL), but if anyone encounters it, it is very nice shooting ammo. Better than HXP and certainly better than the Talon-delinked.

Blog Entries

IIRC, Talon was not just delinked, but unloaded or broken down and reloaded,

mediocre at best,

however, I have a couple cans left of the Talon 4895 that is still good and does a good load in both 223/5.56 and 30.06

I still have a few hundred rds. of Talon. It came in an oversized white paper box. I always thought it was ridiculous to tear down perfectly good ammo and then rebuild it but I guess it paid.
    The Danish was the best ever, except for this:
    DSC01638-2.jpg
    DSC01640-2.jpg

Don't know why I get this giant picture too.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dryheat; 07-12-2022 at 07:56.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.