Default Volquartsen build 22 LR

Well, this rifle is coming along with the rest. This is a Volquartsen receiver with Volguartsen trigger group, Ruger hammer forged licorice barrel with EGW 20 moa rail set in a KRG chassis and Leupold VXIII 6.5-20x40 with target dot mounted on low Leupold QRW rings. Scope came off an old model 70 Winchester that's been sleeping in the back of one of my safes for over 30 years. Have a pair of Model 70s, one in .308 and the other in .223 both with the same type scope that I used to use a lifetime ago. Whatta Hobby!

10-22 with leupold.jpg

KIDD 3 oz trigger group came in today. Should get a chance to finish the rifle later this afternoon. Whatta Hobby!

kidd 1.jpgkidd 2.jpgkidd 3.jpg

Rifle is almost completed. Love the KIDD 3oz trigger so much I decided to upgrade the scope. Traded the target dot Leupold VXIII for the MK 4 8.5-25x50 on a Rem 700. Works out much better for anything under a hundred yards on the 22 with the MK4 side parallax adjustment and the VXIII works fine on the 700 with the front parallax adjustment because I never shoot any less than 100 yds with the 700.. Best of both worlds and I didn't have to buy any more scopes, for now. Whatta Hobby!

MK4 3.jpgMK4 2.jpg

Blog Entries

you need to stop it

I have been tempted and prodded by a lot of folks to build up a 10/22 and have resisted,

still resisting,

why/ cause I am a hard headed guy with a pile of bolt guns and Lyman/Unertl/Davis/Litschert scopes,,,,,

and they shoot better, just not a fast,

(kidding here, you keep on doing what you do, I and others enjoy your posts!!!!)

I have had 3 10-22s for decades that I used for silhouette shooting at the time. Now with age and a little less mobility, I am shooting more prone off a bipod and having a ball. We started up a little fun rimfire shooting on the M14BR forum sponsored by our M14 rifle association. Not a lot of shooters yet be we welcome anyone to come join the fun on the Lima range.

10-22 2.jpg