Default What is a good scope mount to the BRNO VZ-24 rifle??

And is there a replacement front so it is more like a M1 Garand [thick and the wide], not the tapered original.

[Thinking of getting a rebuild Weaver Variable 1,5 -5X]

Thanks.

2. Default

What is a good scope mount to the BRNO VZ-24 rifle??
    Allow me to go dig; I have at least 12 Mauser receivers with scope mounts that fit scattered about in three different locations. Basically, I have to match the mount to the rings. I have at least 6 tools for aligning the location for the holes on the receiver. There have been times the holes in a receiver I am checking do not match the holes in my alignment tool, and then it got worst.

F. Guffey

3. Default

My favorite is the Redfield 1 piece mount. it is unusual for the one piece not to fit, rather than grind the receiver I shim the mount.

I have Weaver mounts and Weaver rings; Weaver mounts and rings are the most affordable. I have Weaver mounts that require a swing-out scope ring. There is a chance some of this stuff I use Is no longer available.

Leupold is a good base with rings that are priced close to Redfield.

Back to Weaver, I have to have a catalog to sort through them.

F. Guffey

4. Default

Browells has Leupold rings that fit weaver bases.

F. Guffey

Blog Entries

for a bubba'ed receiver or a fake sniper, or ?

I'm partial to the Leupold one-piece mount, which I have used on small-ring Mausers. Don't know if it is better than the two-piece setup but it SEEMS like it should be.

jn

7. Default

https://www.bing.com/search?q=buller...a3188f5e5d714e

I'm partial to the Leupold one-piece mount,
    I had a friend that went beyond being partial about Buhler, with a good scope base

it is just as important to have good equipment for alignment, drilling and tapping.

F. Guffey
    Last edited by fguffey; 08-09-2022 at 12:53.

8. Default

https://www.ebay.com/b/Buhler-Huntin...0/bn_114835211

I have a few Buhler pieces; I would be better off if I sold the pieces, I have than to find all matching pieces.

F. Guffey
    Last edited by fguffey; 08-09-2022 at 12:54.