Quote Originally Posted by fguffey View Post
"Safety features settled on a long time ago" I have government hand-outs from a leading California university that suggest farmers use DDT to rid their children of pest. At the same time, we had ducks that were born with birth defects. There came a time it became illegal to have strike any-where matches in New York. I have hauled bombs, like a moderator on the Shooters forum says, "IT's no biggy", I do it all the time. I was told it is safe to haul bombs without a trigger/fuse devise and then a company called Tri State out of Joplin, Missouri has a truck blow a hole into the payment. I knew there was no way a bomb would explode by dropping them because that is the way we unloaded; we opened the rear doors and then shoved them out, but we did not haul the bombs with the fuses, and if one of the bombs was leaking, I had a problem.

And then there were the chemicals, the only chemical that came with scary instructions was a defoliant, if instructions were not followed, I was not allowed to deliver. And then there were insect poisons. In the middle of a dirt air strip, I was instructed to roll the 55 gal barrels out of the trailer-onto the ground and I asked; how high do you want them stacked?

And then there were reloading primers, I have a few boxes left, they are small boxes, to me a small box seems to be a bad choice. And then came the R. Lee period. R. Lee was not happy because of the lack of respect that was shown by other component manufacturers like Federal. Federal did not donate primers to R. Lee, if he used Federal primers, he had to purchase them. Not a problem, he published a book called Modern Reloading, in his book he made an effort to discredit Federal Primers. There were not many reloaders that read R. Lee's book carefully, I did and nothing that R.Lee said about Federal primers scared me.

I looked at the large box, after looking at the large primer box I made to tool that allowed me to dump 50 primers at a time. I did not spend the rest of my life complaining about something I did not understand. And then: One day I started out to bust a primer while reloading/installing primers, it took 3 hours, when I managed to bust that primer, I had crushed and foaled that primer into a ball.

I like a little space between my primers.

F. Guffey
What he said ++++