Default WTK 1911 value NOT FOR SALE

I have been away for a long time. I have several WWII 1911's and 1 1918 Colt. I have them insured. I may be thinking they are under insured. Colt 1945,Colt 1944 Lend Lease, 1944 Remington, 1944 Ithaca, 1943 Us&s. All have original parts and about 90% or better. I bought these way back in the 80's when things were plentiful and affordable. These are not for sale. I just want to get an estimate of value. Someday when I'm looking up at the green i don't want my wife to be taken. Tank everyone for you help.
    Last edited by bnew; 05-30-2022 at 01:22.

Go to Rock Island Auction and watch their auctions for ones that are a good match for yours. Than save the URL link for future reference and price. Short of paying some one to appraise your collection this is easiest way and you and continue to watch and get a more finite price.
    Take pictures of yours and with the links to other auctions it will help if you ever need to put in a claim.
    "Three people can keep a secret as long as two of them are dead" Mark Twain

Blog Entries

have any been lettered from Colt, or run thru SRS?

Almost all of 1944 and 1945 Colt 1911A1 production went to Springfield Armory. It was then shipped to various bases and depots, including those shipped to England under Lend-Lease. Shipping records exist for the Ithaca, but no records for US&S or Remington Rand.

Value will depend on actual condition and whether correct or not. Most of the Lend-Lease weapons came back in virtually unissued condition as they were mostly issued to the British home guard, or not issued at all. Only detraction is the ugly British commercial proof marks.