Default Bunny gun still going after 60+ years.

Got this Winchester 67-22 when I was a kid. With the JC Higgins Rifleman 4x she has kept the bad guys at bay for a lifetime.
    Forget she was hidden away in the attic for almost 50 years. Well, after some serious cleaning and dust removal she still has it happening. Scope is fogged from gun oil decades ago, but still held a decent zero. Targets were shot at 25 yds this morning using mini mags. 10 rnd groups just for the halibut. A good cleaning and I think this one will be delivered to my teen age great grand sons. They have been enjoying M14s, an AR-10 and other 22s.

60 years 1.jpg60 years 2.jpg

Still have my old ones too including my first rifle, a Remington Nylon 66. Made somewhere around 1967-68? It has no serial number. Still have the box it came in as well.

Still ahead of it's time, still looks and shoots great. Still love it.

The old gun and me have many adventures and memories.

Quote Originally Posted by nf1e View Post
    A good cleaning and I think this one will be delivered to my teen age great grand sons. They have been enjoying M14s, an AR-10 and other 22s.
    You could supply half of America with just your M14/M1A's.

I have been a fan of Winchester 22s since the early 1950s.

Early rifleman._zpsbcrzxjhs.jpg

I have four of the Remington Nylons, love them all, the 66 and Mohawk or my favorites. Also have a Revelation semi auto .22 distributor was Western Auto. Fun rifles.

John in SC
    Last edited by JOHN COOK; 05-31-2022 at 07:46.
    “Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.” (Luke 22:36)

Back then, guns were built to last a couple lifetimes.

Nice,

Art

No one seems to make a good single shot .22 any more. They are relics of a bygone era. It used to be every company had at least one in the inventory. Mine is an H&R Model 750 Pioneer which my father bought for less than $20.00 in the late 50s to teach my brother and me to shoot. I've posted on it before. It still looks good and shoots straight. It is sort of high end for what it is, cock on opening bolt, manual safety and a feed ramp. I did have to replace the firing pin in the 1970s which cost just a couple of bucks for the part.