Exclamation How to post pics

If you have an existing photo account somewhere like Photobucket, Picasa or Flickr, you can link to those, the album must be set for public view. When you're creating a new thread, you'll see an icon that looks like a picture frame with a tree in the middle (insert image icon). Just click on that icon, and copy the image URL and paste the URL in the blank.

You can also create an album here at CSP. Up at the top where it says Community, pull down and you'll see My Albums.
    • Click create new album (set for public view)
    • Add photos (400 x 600 pixels should be OK)
    • Copy the BB code at the lower right and paste that directly into your new message.
    • Preview your message to see if it linked OK

If your preview doesn't come up, you'll need to try it again. Common mistakes include an extra "http://" at the front of your link. The other one is linking to an album not set for public view.

Things to avoid: Large image files 1MB and up (you'll piss off all the dial up members, there are a few) and thumbnails, which are too small for anyone to see.

If you get stuck you can ask here and someone should be able to help you out.

good luck

-Jeff L
    Last edited by Jeff L; 09-23-2010 at 09:32.
    Spam Sniper- one click, one kill.

CSP is what you make it.

A picture of your gun is worth 1,000 words. A crappy picture is only worth 100.

Blog Entries

I'm retarded! How do I post thumbnails with "click to enlarge". I've done it before but forgot.
    Phillip McGregor (OFC)
    "I am neither a fire arms nor a ballistics expert, but I was a combat infantry officer in the Great War, and I absolutely know that the bullet from an infantry rifle has to be able to shoot through things." General Douglas MacArthur

I think you get the thumbnails when you use the CSP albums as opposed to linking to an outside website. Might also be related to the file size of the photos.

-Jeff L

CSP is what you make it.

How do you post pics in personal messages to other site members? Is this feature disabled for PM's?

5. Default

I have created an album. How do I transfer those pictures to a thread?.

Go to the picture in you album and click on it. When it opens you should gat a new window with the pic.
    In the lower right corner there is a BB code [IMG]http://www.jouster.com/forums/attachment...., copy that and paste it directly into your post.
    That ought to do it.
    Last edited by Jeff L; 03-17-2012 at 09:14.

CSP is what you make it.