Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What's your Favorite Everyday Pocket Knife

Mine is the Kershaw Leek. It's very slender, very lightweight, is lightening quick to open with one hand, comes very sharp from the factory and stays that way. It has a drop point blade that is useful for a host of tasks from cutting that tough steak to self defense. It is (or was when I bought mine) made in the USA. I own two, a lavender one that travels with me and a teal green one that stays in my office. They do come in more "manly" colors but I'd lose those quickly.

https://kershaw.kaiusa.com/leek.html

These are not cheap but shop around and you can get them for well under the $100.00 price from Kershaw.

So what are your favorites??
    Last edited by Art; 05-22-2022 at 06:02.

Blog Entries

ditto, usually,

I have the plain stainless one,

also have a William Henry with a Carbon Fiber scales, that is extremely light,

years ago I used to carry a #8 Opinel, drilled a hole in the handle and put a leather thong in it,

very handy knife that was extremely easy to sharpen

A nice old time pocket knife. I've carried one everyday since I was twelve yrs. old (when I decided I was old enough).
    One blade. Light and thin. Even when I was a Boy Scout I didn't like that big fat boy scout knife. If I need tools they are in the truck/camp box.
    I like the idea of those quick open knives. When I was a kid, switchblades were thought to be a dangerous as machine guns. I had a swtichblade kind of air rescue knife once that had a hook on it meant to cut shroud lines of parachutes if the guy landed in the water. So they're not that evil.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

Normally a Benchmade Auto-Presidio 5000. On Sundays I normally carry a Benchmade Auto-Benchmite 3500. Positively adore these knives. Today ... waiting on a kidney stone to "pass." Apparently in bladder. About to head out to the office. My Boy Scout (Camillus) Whittler's knife is in my pocket. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

5. Default

Never had much use for one but always keep a Bidor Parang close by.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bruce View Post
    Normally a Benchmade Auto-Presidio 5000. On Sundays I normally carry a Benchmade Auto-Benchmite 3500. Positively adore these knives. Today ... waiting on a kidney stone to "pass." Apparently in bladder. About to head out to the office. My Boy Scout (Camillus) Whittler's knife is in my pocket. Sincerely. bruce.
    Hope that stone passes quick, been there done that more than I care to think about

camp king

Re: Kidney stone. I have decided to adopt a new name. I am now ... Rock Star! Tomorrow morning ... X-Rays and then an appt. w/ the urologist. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

Dallas, TX metro.. formerly Phoenix metro, AZ

this or a variation of it. this has a D2 tool steel blade so it holds and edge real good. Price is cheap for an "automatic"
    https://www.bladehq.com/item--Boker-...c-Knife--17106

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bruce View Post
    Re: Kidney stone. I have decided to adopt a new name. I am now ... Rock Star! Tomorrow morning ... X-Rays and then an appt. w/ the urologist. Sincerely. bruce.
    my uro told me I was a producer, of gravel,

so I call my kidney's gravel pits