Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 8x57 question

I took the ammo up to Idaho and my brother and I shot half of it up at the Sandpoint gun range, in my G98 and his VZ24. No signs of excessive pressure and it grouped 4-5" at 100 yards in the G98. This is a rifle that will group 1" horizontal by 2-3" vertical with handloads. The few dud rounds all went off the second time they were fired. Given that I paid $60 for 80 rounds, I think I'll stick with handloads ... I've got plenty of brass

jn

2. Default

I've got plenty of brass
    Careful when you size the cases, we use Boxer primers, they use Berdan. We use a primer punch to remove primers, if you use the primer punch on Berdan primed cases the punch will not last long. Not impossible but with enough light you can see the flash hole in the bottom of the case, if the primers are Berdan there will be three flash holes. Berdan primers require a different tool for removing primers.

F. Guffey

3. Default

I form 8mm57 from 30/06 cases with a forming die. Others use a sizing die; I have paid for the forming die many times over. When going from 30/06 to 8mm, 7mm and 7.65mm 53 the reloader is in control clearance by controlling the length of the case from the shoulder to the case head.

With using a forming die there is no need to fire form, just form first and then fire.

F. Guffey

Re: Forming. That procedure has been the salvation of lots of riflemen with calibers that are not now available at the corner hardware store. It also allows one to keep shooting rifles for which ammunition is no longer produced. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

The ammo in the pictures is Chinese and considered to be corrosive.

6. Default

jon_norstog's Avatarjon_norstog The picture furnished by Norstog has all of the markings of ammo from Turkey.

F. Guffey