1. Default Rock Island 03 value

Trying to get a reasonable value to a RI rifle a friend has for sale. RI serial 129xxxx with a 11/42 SA barrel. I know this has been refurbished at some point as the stock has no GG and it has a Remington marked rear sight and base. I know the receiver is one of the extras that RI sent to SA where it was made into a rifle. Barrel should be a SA dated 28 or 29. Rifle is in excellent condition for its age. I saw it but have no pics at this time. Looking for some help here. Thanks

If the bore is good to excellent, given that it is in nice condition for its age, it'll likely get between 800-1000 from a willing buyer. Not a collector rifle, but outstanding for someone who wants a 03 for shooting, enjoying at the range. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

3. Default

Thanks Bruce. Wasn't sure what it was worth being the receiver is a RI finished at Springfield.

4. Default

There are three variations on the Rock Island/Springfield receiver rifles. Barrel dates need to be 1927 or 1928 and the stock has to be correct with straight grip, grasping grooves and SADAL cartouche with double firing proofs. If all that were correct in nice condition the price would be higher, though I bought one several years ago for just a little more in excellent condition. I was the only bidder.
    I would be interested in seeing photos if you decide to sell.
    Thanks

5. Default

A friend has the rifle described above. I am interested in buying it from him and was looking for a fair price to offer him. Thanks for your insight!

Quote Originally Posted by Kragrifle View Post
    There are three variations on the Rock Island/Springfield receiver rifles. Barrel dates need to be 1927 or 1928 and the stock has to be correct with straight grip, grasping grooves and SADAL cartouche with double firing proofs.
    Actually, there are four variations.

J.B.

7. Default

What would be the fourth variation?

The first variation is a Springfield Armory receiver manufactured from a Rock Island steel billet or forged blank. The last variation is a Rock Island receiver fully machined, marked, serialized, and inspected, but not finished (parkerized).

J.B.