Thread: Galco Holsters

Default Galco Holsters

Looking at their holsters for a Smith 586, 4 inch revolver. Can anyone give me some feedback as to their quality or comfort? Thanks in advance...

Robert

Blog Entries

I had the shoulder holster (Miami Classic,, used to be called Jackass Rig) very comfortable,

I have a Galco for my P6/228 (both work in it) that is also very comfortable

overall, i prefer leather over nylon or kydex

quality is top notch,

note, the gun will likely be tight at first,, and it will take a couple of wears to get it where you want it

and goes with out saying, a good belt is a must

Thanks Lyman, would you think the leather too tight for a nickel finish to wear it down? I want a good belt too....

I tried calling Don Johnson but he wasn't home...lol

I have Galco for a Sig P226 and Glock 19. As Lyman indicated they are tight to begin with, but broken in fit perfect. If you are concerned with wear on a nickel finish that is going to happen with any type of leather holster depending on how you use it. The more it is removed and inserted in the holster, the more the wear. The tighter the fit, the less the pistols move around in the holster, and less wear.

Blog Entries

I would not be worried about the nickel,

but then again, any finish will show some wear with holster use, so just be mindful of that

I have two Galcos, a "pancake" and a "paddle" that I carry my S&W 640 in. I find them to be excellent. You may have trouble getting the color you want if it isn't brown but that wasn't a big deal to me.

My everyday carry is a full size 1911 in a Galco V-Hawk leather IWB. It has carried everyday possible for the last 8 years and still looks good, feels good, retains, and works perfect. I have same holster for my m&p 40 and my Springfield xd45. I would recommend Galco without hesitation.

Steve

I have a couple of Galco holsters and for production holsters they're pretty good. Even so, a few years ago I went to having my holsters custom made and they're not really any more expensive if you're willing to wait a few weeks.

I recommend you take a look at Nixon Leather in Alliance, Nebraska. He's made half a dozen custom holsters for me and I'm very pleased with quality and price. Search "Nixon Leather" on Facebook.
    - Change it back -