Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Still have the Ohaus I have used for almost 60 years in a drawer. The 10-10 is in plain sight to remind me of how is used to be.

2. Default

I have 3 10-10 Rcbs scales. It was not something I had ever planned on, one day I decided to clean my 10-10 scale, I was doing all right until my wife decided to get involved. She took the beam to the kitchen sink and started scrubbing, when she finished the beam was white, no numbers, dots and dashes, the beam was blank. I called RCBS, they offered to trade scales, I had no idea what I would get in trade, so I turned down their generous offer. And then came the Market Hall Gun show. For little money I purchased every part of a scale I could find.

I came up with enough parts to build another scale and enough parts to repair my scale and then there was another base that used the same beam as the 10-10 all for $10.00.

F. Guffey

Not all squibs are due to lack of a powder charge.

I have a canister of WW-748 that has gone bad.

I discovered this when firing some reloads in .30-40 and .30-06 caliber bolt guns.
    Things were going normal, when suddenly, I had what sounded like primer misfires.
    When the rifle bolts were opened, I found the primers had actually fired. The extracted cartridge-cases were 'damp' on the exterior and contained a moist & acrid column/glob of unburned powder.

The jacketed projectiles had gone about 4 inches up the bore and were easily driven out the breech with a steel rod.

I had to toss about 5 pounds of WW-748. Fortunately this happened in turn-bolt rifles and not auto-loaders.
    Last edited by butlersrangers; 04-25-2022 at 11:12.

All sorts of causes. The important thing is to be aware that a squib can happen when you least expect it.

5. Default

I have a canister of WW-748 that has gone bad.
    When did it go bad?

F. Guffey

Last Fall, 2021, I should have trusted my nose. When I opened the canister, there was more of a vinegar smell then I remembered.
    Last edited by butlersrangers; 04-27-2022 at 08:18.