Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

I had a 60's Impala. Maybe the fifth car. I bought it from a woman and it had problems. The exhaust pipe fell off (well, maybe it was the off road abuse). The brakes were metal to metal. All that could be and was repaired but it burnt oil. Still it was a heavy beast with a big motor, I'm saying 350.and it felt good to kick in the afterburner (part of the carb). I sold it to a kid and he bought it because it had a great stereo.
    His granddad told me he didn't recommend it. Grandad was right, but you live and learn.
    Last edited by dryheat; 03-24-2022 at 03:26.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

First car was the worst car. Got a break on the price as it was a sales demo. $2,800 off the floor..
    1974 Mustang ll. 12/12 warranty I never had to use, but at 13k all bets were off.
    Starter, a few timing belts, a camshaft and followers, along with a host of other annoyances. Sold it at 60k+ miles.
    Picked up a 67 Chrysler cheap at $250 to replace it. ?Major electrical problems and oil smoke?. New valve seals and tightened up the loose fuse block. Ran like a champ and still looked new-ish.
    That?s the one I miss.

Chrysler had some weird electrical systems. Tried to get the left tail light working on my younger brothers Chrysler for him, after all, I had an A&P license and therefore it should be an easy job for me. Ha! Worked all day on that damn thing with no success. I accidently broke the turn signal switch handle and bought a new switch and installed it. The tail light worked. Every light on that car, including the dome and courtesy lamps went through the through the turn signal switch. Dumb Idea!

Quote Originally Posted by pcox View Post
    Chrysler had some weird electrical systems.
    My sister had a 2005--06 or so Jeep Grand Cherokee that developed a similar problem after the warranty expired. When the brakes were applied the center brake light would come on but the other tail lights would go off. So if the center (3rd brake) brake light burned out there were no brake lights at all. She took this to local mechanics and eventually the dealership, who couldn't find the problem either. Mercedes-Benz owned Chrysler at the time.

She traded it for a new one, exactly like the one she had. The only difference now is Fiat owns Chrysler. OK so far.

5. Default

First car me and my friend had was a vw beetle it must have belonged to a hippie because we found it on the side of the road out of gas we siphoned gas out of the farm tractor pushed it to get it running and just used it whenever we needed it , always parked it in a different place after a year or so somebody towed it or just plain old stole it from us but that was our wheels .