Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by High Plaines Doug r View Post
    The oldest USA C-rations I was issued in 1969-70 was 1957. Maybe "Ham and Limas". I've had worse and I'm still here. My dad gave me a pkg of LRRPs from before he got out in 1972. I opened it in the 1990's but decided not serve it to any humans.
    I picked up a few cases of C rats, and some LRRP stuff in an estate a few year ago,
    despite the fact that some of the C rats were old,, they sold readily on ebay,

a friend was at the shot one day while I was taking pics and doing the descriptions of some VN era LRRP stuff, and decide he wanted to try one,
    don't recall the flavor, but he is a VN vet (Marine)

he told me he heated etc per directions on the bag, and it was as bad as he remembered,,,,

that gave me a chuckle, and him

we had about 5 cases of 1944 C-rats up at the place when i used to hunt.. One of the guys kept breaking in to them for the cigarettes.. that opened the door for everything else.. the peanut butter wa ok, and so were the canned peaches. I forget what all else was in there, but it all got eaten and nobody died! maybe all the alcohol that went down with it protected us..
    He who beats his sword into a plowshare, will soon be plowing for somebody else!

Acidic foods such as tomatos don't last long