Default Colt First Generation 38/40 Sgl. Action

Frame serial is XXX664, trigger guard serial is XXX764 (1899). Factory error? Pictures show the welded front sight (probably to compensate for smokeless
    powder) and repaired (by solder) hard rubber grip. Stag grips are replacements. I bought the pistol in 1980 when I was the mayor of a small Washington state town. The citizen I bought it from acquired it from the widow, on her deathbed, of the original owner. The original owner was a well known town
    marshal who used this pistol as his primary side arm and qualifier. History records his actions. About 60% of the original blue and much of the colored case hardening remain. Good shooter! I'm thinking about giving it to the local town museum, but I don't know what to value it out. Provenance is there, but as
    a Colt firearm it probably isn't worth much. What do y'all think? TX!BP1010001.jpgP1010002.jpgP1010005.jpgP1010001.jpg

Blog Entries

first gen Colt SAA, in good shape less the front sight issues...

it's worth a bit,

Would a smokeless .38-40 load be slower than a blackpowder load? The slower the load the higher the front sight must be. A .45 Colt SAA has a taller sight than a .32-20 SAA.

4. Default

There was a SAA documented to belonging to the local sheriff from the 1880 sold here back in the '90s. Lemme see what I can find about its valuation.

TX! That would give me some guidance. We have a picture of him and his family. B