Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My SA 1903.

Default My SA 1903.

Had this girl for years. Shoots like a dream with the .040 rear aperture. HS 6-44 barrel. Has S0528 over 1957 stamped on the right side 3" up from butt. Whatta Hobby!

03 1.jpg03 2.jpg03 4.jpg03 3.jpg
    Last edited by nf1e; 02-20-2022 at 12:28.

Greek return?

Good question. Fellow that had it before me said he picked it up in the late 50s and shot it as part of CT big bore.

Blog Entries

not a Greek Return likely, i

surprised is has a scant stock on it,

Stock does not have a P on the wrist or any stamps on the normal spot on the left side. There is an XX stamped in the stock just forward of the trigger housing. Bottom of the stock aft of the wrist has a T below that a 1 below that a G then an N and finally a
    0 35526-4

Blog Entries

I'll take a gamble and say if the guy bought it in the 50's, it never left the country

as far as the stock, nothing wrong with it, just odd that someone that took the time to install the rear sight left the scant on it,
    C stocks have never (well not then at least) been scarce, and make it much easier to shoot much better

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, don't take any of that as a negative,
    it's a lovely rifle,

and it is interesting how folks sometimes set them up,

I appreciate any information provided. I don't know enough about the 03 other than I like to shoot them. These are all I have now. I sold some nice pieces 50 years ago when I bought my house. Top 2 are James River repros using Rem receivers and Criterion barrels. Next are a couple of CMP WWII 03A3s I picked up at Camp Perry. And the bottom is my honey.

03s.jpg

Blog Entries

nice collection

Thanks. At least I can say I have some. Same with the carbines, only have 5 of them. 1- Winchester, 2- Bavarian returns and 2- CMP carbine specials. Plenty to last me a couple of lifetimes.

10. Default

The rifle sure looks like one of the Greek returns from about 2000/2001 with the numbered bolt. The U.S. did not number the bolts except on the National Match rifles. The milled floorplates were pinned, but these were usually changed out by the new owners.