Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Remington 1903 Serial Number Database?

All.

Has anyone started an online database of Remington 1903 observed serial numbers and characteristics? The Krag Collector's Association started one a few years ago and it's interesting to see where the different models started and stopped, plus other characteristics based on the serial numbers entered by members. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1333300972.

I have already started one based on serial numbers I found on the internet. But I don't want to reinvent the wheel. Also interesting to document Red Star Rem 1903s.

Blog Entries

the link shows a deleted spreadsheet,

there were several threads here (likely the old version) and a few other places on the Red Star guns, IIRC Rick the Librarian started one for a rifle he had,

did you also try Vishooters?

There is a full list of the "red star" guns in MAA V31#4 (2009) RTL did the photography. In all honesty, I did not look this up of the kindness of my heart - just so happened to be the issue I was browsing yesterday!

Blog Entries

MAA?

MAA - "Man-at-Arms" - is the official collector magazine of the NRA. Sorry, really thought it was better known.

Thank Dick,

I may have that issue

Curt

Quote Originally Posted by cquickel View Post
    Thank Dick,

I may have that issue

Curt
    If you don't. I can send you a photo of the page, or maybe I'll just post it here for everyone.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Hosmer View Post
    If you don't. I can send you a photo of the page, or maybe I'll just post it here for everyone.
    post it here please and thank you

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cquickel View Post
    All.

Has anyone started an online database of Remington 1903 observed serial numbers and characteristics? The Krag Collector's Association started one a few years ago and it's interesting to see where the different models started and stopped, plus other characteristics based on the serial numbers entered by members. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1333300972.

I have already started one based on serial numbers I found on the internet. But I don't want to reinvent the wheel. Also interesting to document Red Star Rem 1903s.
    New link to Krag data base
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=2116615855
    Last edited by Ned Butts; 02-22-2022 at 03:00. Reason: sp

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ned Butts View Post
    I have 3 in my personal collection, and 3 in shop inventory,
    do you want the serial numbers?

all are 98's, exp for the 96 that was welded up, and the 99 carbine