Default sales tax on gunbroker

Been law for a year now. Can't figure it out. Gunbroker charges about a percent to handle transaction seems to include shipping costs. If shipping is taxable is it being taxed twice?

Blog Entries

GB charges sales tax based on zip code, and when they sold out to the new owners, they charge a 1% compliance fee,

If you list something with a starting price GB gives you an estimate of what the tax will be. If it sells for more of course the tax is more. Then there is the vague other fees. I figure I get charged about 13% of the selling price. I don't like it. But it has been a wonderful twenty yrs of selling online up to this point.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dryheat View Post
    If you list something with a starting price GB gives you an estimate of what the tax will be. If it sells for more of course the tax is more. Then there is the vague other fees. I figure I get charged about 13% of the selling price. I don't like it. But it has been a wonderful twenty yrs of selling online up to this point.
    actually, it does not, since there is no way to know what state the buyer may be in

what it gives you is your fees, if it sells at that price,

remember, the sales tax is paid and 'charged' to the buyer, but those funds are channeled thru your account, and you pay them when you pay the rest of your fees