Default Don't buy a handgun you'll be frighted to shoot ...

I'm not referring to anyone here obviously, it's just something I observed once.
    A few years back at my club, I was talking to a guy who'd bought a revolver in
    454 casul and I got from the way he was talking about it, he didn't like it.
    He offered to let me shoot it, which I did, and I didn't like it either. I did not
    find it fun, in fact just the opposite. I'd guess it would be good in the case of
    an angry Grizzly but unless you go looking for one you're unlikely to need it.

While on the subject of firearms I wouldn't want to shoot, how about the 4 bore
    Lord Roxton carried in The Lost World.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsvizH4U26E

Didn't like the Causul huh? I've heard of others not liking it as well.

Guess you wouldn't be a buyer for a 50bmg revolver either if ever made. I suppose a Thompson Center Contender could be chambered for such but whether or not the grip frame, or the wrist could stand it is another thing.

I like my 44mags. They can be a handfull w/o making you regret pulling the trigger.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That looks like a tight fit. Vaseline might help
    Biggest handgun I own is my Walker but I can't hold it up for too long without help.
    Last edited by dogtag; 12-30-2021 at 06:10.

There are certain firearms that have caused “detached retinas” of the eyeball . . . .and the 4-bore is one!

I no longer hunt, nor shoot bowling pins, or shoot target at extended ranges of +100 yards. Both my scoped RedHawks and my Magnaported, Aimpoint topped, Model 29 went down the road in trade for something else. Heavy 44 mag load was enough for me. No desire to even try a 454. I have no practical use for one. Don?t think I ever did? Don?t get me wrong. If someone asks me if I care to try theirs for the sake of trying it, I?m up for it.
    Simply not clamoring for the opportunity.

What I do enjoy is every now and then is to go thumping with a 45 Colt (Long Colt).
    Don?t have a desire to monster loads from a TC Contender either. That too went down the road in trade with accessories and barrels.

Now I just shoot what I like for a casual informal day of burning powder.