Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Art View Post
    Part of "Murhpy's Laws of War;" Tracers work both ways...
    Don't tracers need a pretty good distance before they burn through and start to trace?

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Don't tracers need a pretty good distance before they burn through and start to trace?
    In my limited experience they seem to ignite pretty quickly. When I was in the Army in Korea our M60s were loaded with ball. I remember in basic training that part of the course where you crawl under wire with machine guns shooting over your head I could see the tracers coming in clearly and could tell where they were coming from.

The point was almost anything you use to follow your fire, track or illuminate your adversary may also gives away your position.
    Last edited by Art; 01-22-2022 at 12:56.

Quote Originally Posted by Art View Post
    In my limited experience they seem to ignite pretty quickly.
    In a house though? Average bedroom wall to wall distance is probably 12' or so.

I understand the logic though: If they can see you, you can see them.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    In a house though? Average bedroom wall to wall distance is probably 12' or so.

I understand the logic though: If they can see you, you can see them.
    I wasn't referring literally to tracers for in home use but things like laser attachments and flashlights.

Shooting tracers in your house! What could POSSIBLY go wrong?

jn

357/38 loaded with .38 Hornady critical defense. Can't use Hollow point ammo. So the FTX isn't a hollow point but expand like one.
    For whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

357/38 loaded with .38 Hornady critical defense. Can't use Hollow point ammo. So the FTX isn't a hollow point but expand like one.

Federal "Guard Dog" ammunition is a FMJ that "expands." Available in 9mm, .40S&W and .45 ACP. Well worth a look for those in jurisdictions where use of JHP ammo is illegal. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

8. Default

Yes, tracers were developed to shoot down zeppelins, later found to help pilots correct their aim and ignite an enemy's fuel tanks. Their value for ground troops is extremely limited.
    In "Close Encounters of the Worst Kind" in a home environment, I firmly believe that Speed and Power are fine but Accuracy's final.