Default Al Frasca's site certificate?

Went to Al Frasca's site a couple of minutes ago and was warned away - his "certificate" has expired - or - some sort of hacking is in progress. Don't know any more than that - I understand he was planning on shutting down at some point in the not-too-distant future, but certainly wouldn't do it without some sort of notice. When he does, it will be a HUGE loss to the collecting community.

1:00 its back now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Hosmer View Post
    Went to Al Frasca's site a couple of minutes ago and was warned away - his "certificate" has expired - or - some sort of hacking is in progress. Don't know any more than that - I understand he was planning on shutting down at some point in the not-too-distant future, but certainly wouldn't do it without some sort of notice. When he does, it will be a HUGE loss to the collecting community.
    why shut it down?

he may want to see if someone will take it over

4. Default

I am not site literate, but would be willing to help fund those who are. John Knight

I HOPE someone does - it's going to leave a big hole. Al himself is such a goldmine of information, and will be sorely missed no matter what happens to the site itself. He is what makes it work.

Had the same problem Dick. As of now it is back up, thought the problem was my phone as it often gives me problems.

Site certificate is a new thing and to get it you have to pay. It may have something to do with security but ... Yu got to pay to get the security certificate, and it expires after X months so you have to pay for another. Does it im[prove internet security? Hahahahaha ...

jn