Thread: 22 WMR

1. Default 22 WMR

Posted a similar question on another forum.
    Looking to get a BA .22 WMR. Had a Ruger 77 long ago which was just awful. Anyone have recent Savage or Marlin which gave good accuracy with a variety of ammo?

I had a friend who owned a Marlin autoloader as a varmint eliminator that was pretty accurate. He only shot 40 gr. CCI in it. I can't say about the other Marlins. The same guy once owned a Savage bolt action and said it was quite accurate but got rid of it because he said it was too heavy. In a good general purpose hunting rifle with a good 'scope most people can expect about 1 1/2 - 2 moa accuracy (my Brno .22 WMR light sporter will do that off a bench about that at 100 yards if I do my part) which makes it, IMHO, a good gun for small game like rabbits or vermin up to about 35-40 pounds out to 125 yards which is also about its maximum "point blank" range with 40 gr bullets. Head shooting squirrels to 75 yards with such a rifle should not be a big deal. There are some heavy barrel varmint jobs out there that will do better. your mileage may vary

I'm a big fan of the cartridge.

Have you thought about a CZ? They make several variations of their rimfire bolt actions in .22 WMR and their rifles are very high quality stuff.
    Last edited by Art; 12-24-2021 at 10:18.

3. Default

Art, I really like my CZ 452 trainer with the long barrel. It's certainly a contender if I find one.

https://www.savagearms.com/content?p...ummary&s=47222

This thing is amazing. I have had one for year and love it.