Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Spam...the Eating Kind

Since WWII and the Korean War the jokes about Spam are never ending. However..,.Koreans look on Spam as one of the best donations of American culture. Heck, they give it to each other at Christmas like we give candy, cheese and little rolls of summer sausage from those outfits that live for Christmas time to sell it.

We like to cook. One of my favorite cooking shows is Aaron & Claire, A Korean couple who do their show from Seoul. They make everything from pretty exotic Korean cooking to grilled cheese sandwiches. I learned to make fried rice from their show. Interestingly Claire must have a hard time in Korea because she really doesn't care for fish...or Spam.

Surprisingly, in a culture where men don't cook outside of restaurants, Aaron does the cooking.

Spam Korean style:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60dvg9Hr_HM
    Last edited by Art; 12-21-2021 at 08:04. Reason: Punctuation

At least the Spam brand has ham or ham like meat in it. Perhaps that why so many (over there) like it. They trust it to be ham (plus or minus), not dog or armadillo that's been heavily salted to hide the taste.

An Asian brand of canned meat would be taking your life in your own hands.

Spam = pork with ham, salt, water, modified potato starch, sugar, sodium nitrate. The third and last ingredients are salt, yeah its salty .

Spam is also very popular in Hawaii.

on Easter my mother would make an appetizer out of spam mixed with bread chunks and cream of asparagus soup with an egg on the top baked in the oven in a small pyrex bowl. as i remember "some parts are meat" tasted pretty good cooked that way... Jim

I haven't had this stuff in probably 30 years. Now it's on my grocery list to buy. It's amazing how the mind controls things. Think I'll pan fry it with some pineapple rings. That may neutralize some of the salty taste.

jmm03's recipe sounds good too but way too complicated/timely for old farts to tackle.

I googled spam (the kind you eat) and I was surprised at the large variety of flavors the spam comes in!

Blog Entries

Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Eggs and Spam for me please

Spam, potatoes, and onions fried together. A camping trip delicacy.

An interesting video on the history of SPAM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP7e0tV1sYE