Default number stamped in stock barrel channel

Hello all, were serial numbers ever stamped inside the stock on the cutout/lightening slots of C-type stocks? I have a fairly early SC, serial #3612220, 6 groove,11-42 ,the first 03A3 I bought, that I returned from sporter stock config, (no holes thanks) years ago, I put it in a c-stock, not correct I know but it was what I had. I never noticed before that it had a number R 3891505 stamped in it and was wondering if it had actually gone with a rifle of that serial number. I looked on the Vishooters site but nothing was listed there. I just put the old girl in an S type, (a through bolt unfortunately rather than a pinned, but again it is what I have...) Would that serial number mean anything in the SRS books? Thanks, Jim

Never saw or heard of a serial numbered stock on anything but the NM rifles. Is it machine stamped or hand stamped?

from the even appearance it appears to at least have been done with a holder. after looking at it again just now, the spacing between the numbers is even but the numbers are not perfectly straight from end to end. there is also a very small letter , around 1/16" inch or less that appears to be an x or a z, in the front inlet for the floorplate . It is cutout for both an 03 sight base and an A3 handguard ferrule. There is no K or S in the magazine cutout. Guesstimating the species of wood to be similar to,or birch, rather than walnut. Jim
    Last edited by jmm03; 12-19-2021 at 05:22.