Default Help me out please!

How do I post pictures I have taken on my iPhone to the forum?

The mobile version of this site does not seem to support photo uploads, so I see a few options:

1. Have your mobile phone browser request the desktop version of the site. And add the picture to your post from mobile phone storage in the usual way but made harder for the small mobile phone screen.

2. Possibly easier, email the photo to yourself so that you can upload it from your computer in the usual way.

3. Since it's an iPhone maybe the picture gets put in Apple's cloud or some other cloud hosting service, and it's easiest to share the photo via a link. If the file is large this might be the best way to go because the site software is super old and struggles with storage of big images.

Also I am sure there are people who would gladly post the photo for you if you email it to them. All depends on your comfort level with the various options.

Blog Entries

easiest way for me, and I am not an Apple user, is to download the pics to my laptop, and post from there,

easy on android phone (pixel)

but then again, I use my phone as my shop camera, so I download a lot weekly

Its a good question. I looked into putting Iphone pics on the PC but initially it looked complicated so I have dropped the idea so far, but I need to get it figured out.

So I decided to give it another try. Kind of easy(but it took an hour). I plugged in the Iphone USB(charge cord) into the PC. I use Lightroom for sorting and processing pics. Then sent them to a box on the harddrive where I keep all the photos. One thing I found is that every picture had a little duplicate video so fifty pics turned into 100. I eleminated all of them and turned off the video capture(setting,apps, autoplay off). I think that is going to do it.

There are a couple of other ways to do this, but this worked for me and I don't know that I have all the apps ect. to work it another way. I used to be kind of good at stuff like this but I have fallen way behind. The thing I might work on is resizing the pics before shipping them.

IMG_0308.jpg
    Last edited by dryheat; 12-19-2021 at 10:11.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

Blog Entries

Very nice pic Dryheat

My wife,the artist, was just walking by and stopped to compliment your picture....

Well, I did pick out the best shot of the hike. It's from the top of a six foot waterfall. No water. Although I did see a tiny frog.
    Last edited by dryheat; 12-22-2021 at 09:34.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.