Default New Turkish made 1911A1 copy imported by SDS

Just picked up mine, have not shot it yet. Unlike the review gun in the December American Rifleman, mine has no US ARMY on it. I suspect the Army made them drop that as all of the services protect their logos as trade names. This gun is very tight with no Gi rattle when you shake it. Trigger pull is a little heavy but smooth with a crisp let-off. The mag release button requires more pressure than I could exert with a fingertip. It required a hard object to actuate. My gun came with an 8 round mag tech magazine, and the barrel muzzle is highly polished. I understand the guns are available as blued or parked.
    I Haven?t fired it yet.
    Last edited by Griff Murphey; 12-14-2021 at 01:29.

I finally got the gun back from my smith. Ran 6 mags of 6 through it on falling plates. I went clean on half of them, the gun proved very accurate. Cost of adjusting the hammer spring and the mag release spring was $47.50.

Thank you for this post. Most helpful. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

No feeding issues? Happy with GI mags?

Quote Originally Posted by jdmcgrath View Post
    No feeding issues? Happy with GI mags?
    I ran it fine with three GI mags and the Italian made 8 rd one that comes with the gun and had no problems.
    I have a Colt commercial magazine that kept coming out of the gun. At least it?s marked ?COLT45 AUTO.?

If it is just marked COLT .45 AUTO it is probably a knock-off of varying quality. The pre-WW2 commercial magazines were marked COLT .45 AUTO on the base, but are of high quality with a polished blue finish.

Colt has been contracting their magazines for probably 50 or so years. The Colt contract magazine will also have the Rampant Colt as well as the first letter of the contractor's name that made them.

I purchased Tisas made M1911 imported by SDS a few months back. I've been very impressed with it and I have fired several hundred rounds of FMJ's and a hundred rounds of Remington Golden Saber JHP's without a single issue. About the only difference I see from a GI issue M1911A1 is the lower ejection port and, frankly, I think these CNC machined pistols are as good or better quality as the WWII produced 1911's from Colt, Ithaca, or Remington Rand.
    - Change it back -