Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Trapdoor state property marks?

I am curious if anyone on here has seen a North Dakota property mark on a trapdoor? I collect North Dakota military items and thought it would be a nice addition of a rifle. Thanks in advance.

Not in the last forty years.

Thanks for the reply, I would think if they did mark them there would be no more than 1000 rifles total, they may even be marked Dakota territory and not ND until 1889.

Blog Entries

do you have , or can you find out what ND had for police/militia/troops in that time frame?

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    do you have , or can you find out what ND had for police/militia/troops in that time frame?
    This is what I found, “ In 1883, Company A, First Regiment, Dakota National Guard, was organized at Bismarck, Dakota Territory.[1] In 1889, North Dakota became the Union's thirty-ninth state. The North Dakota National Guard was organized, comprising six infantry companies, two cavalry troops, and one artillery battery. Eight infantry companies of the First North Dakota Regiment were mobilized for the Spanish–American War and the Philippine–American War in 1898.”

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
    This is what I found, “ In 1883, Company A, First Regiment, Dakota National Guard, was organized at Bismarck, Dakota Territory.[1] In 1889, North Dakota became the Union's thirty-ninth state. The North Dakota National Guard was organized, comprising six infantry companies, two cavalry troops, and one artillery battery. Eight infantry companies of the First North Dakota Regiment were mobilized for the Spanish–American War and the Philippine–American War in 1898.”
    wondering if the Archives, or maybe the ND state library (do they have one?) has any purchase records for Company A

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    wondering if the Archives, or maybe the ND state library (do they have one?) has any purchase records for Company A
    We have a State library and Archives. What should I ask for? I have been meaning to get to the archives for some Genealogy research anyway.

What's the serial number - maybe there is something in the SRS records?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
    We have a State library and Archives. What should I ask for? I have been meaning to get to the archives for some Genealogy research anyway.
    exactly what you asked here, any records of early purchases,

if 5mad was still posting here, he may be able to help, he has a gift when it comes to sorting thru that stuff,

and Mr Hosmer is correct, a SRS search may show something

I read his question a different way. He wanted to know IF there were North Dakota marked rifles. And if so he would like to find one for his collection of North Dakota military items.