Blog Entries

interesting site, but they seem to only pull the data from their site,

regional prices may vary,
    as well as where the Enfield has been, (property marks etc etc)

IMHO my 1944 No. 4 Mk 1* is a well built battle rifle that is an excellent shooter and I think it’s value should probably be more than indicated. I am sure demand drives value and maybe the No. 4 has been overlooked by collectors who are only looking for the US battle rifles. I still have the bolt-on scope attached and I am impressed by how accurate it is for a well-used rifle.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Merc View Post
    IMHO my 1944 No. 4 Mk 1* is a well built battle rifle that is an excellent shooter and I think it’s value should probably be more than indicated. I am sure demand drives value and maybe the No. 4 has been overlooked by collectors who are only looking for the US battle rifles. I still have the bolt-on scope attached and I am impressed by how accurate it is for a well-used rifle.
    I'll buy every one I can get at $379,

and sell them for $625+ , depending on condition and markings,

The fact that Savage Stevens built a million *s for Lend Lease (which means they should be everywhere) probably accounts for its reasonable price. They are typically “British” in their level of design and engineering and no other rifle made during the war or even today compares to it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Merc View Post
    The fact that Savage Stevens built a million *s for Lend Lease (which means they should be everywhere) probably accounts for its reasonable price. They are typically “British” in their level of design and engineering and no other rifle made during the war or even today compares to it.
    typically, all things even, (bore, condition and of course matching numbers) Long Branchs will bring the biggest premium,

LB's and Savages tend to be better, as far as finish, than the English made,
    but then again, the plants at Savage and Long Branch were not being bombed either,

having said that, there is a lot of collectable variants on No 1's and No 4's