Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I would choose a TV gun. It wouldn't matter what type or caliber, they're all full auto and never run out of ammo so no need to carry any or extra mags.

I would also get training from one of the actors (excluding Alec Baldwin) where they can shoot blindly into a woods and only hit the desired target plus being able to always hit the bad guys that are shooting at you. You can hit them but they cannot hit you even if they are using machine guns and you only have a pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by dryheat View Post
    .22, a good choice. If the 20 gauge can take down most animals then it's the perfect rifle so long as you can still fire bird shot. I kind of hate the 12 gauge. I finished of a snake once with a .38 snake shot(road kill). I hear you can eat rattle snake. I skinned the snake and tried to preserve it, but I didn't know what I was doing. What else are you doing on those six months? You can shoot the place up, but you need water. Probably killed another thread.
    At those rattlesnake roundups they finish up by frying up the catch and chowing down. I can't speak for rattlesnake personally but I have had copperhead and it was pretty darn good. There's a lot out there folks don't think about eating that is not just edible but tasty, some of which doesn't even require a bullet.

On ammo again - some shot shells for rimfire or pistol ammo wouldn't hurt. I've put "snake shot" loads into the heads of a number of venomous snakes and the result was always instant death, I mean they didn't even twitch. Short ranged but effective for the right applications.
    Last edited by Art; 12-20-2021 at 03:25.

I'd go with the .22, a light one like the old Browning autoloader. More importantly, I'd have an axe, saw and shovel, a bunch of parachute cord, a decent tarp, bedding, lots of sox, a good knife, a skillet, salt, a water filter and a cheap wristwatch.

jn

Quote Originally Posted by jon_norstog View Post
    I'd go with the .22, a light one like the old Browning autoloader. More importantly, I'd have an axe, saw and shovel, a bunch of parachute cord, a decent tarp, bedding, lots of sox, a good knife, a skillet, salt, a water filter and a cheap wristwatch.

jn
    Have you ever tried to eat a rabbit, squirrel, or quail
    That was shot from 1-3 yards with a 1903?

The little Browning is a great gun but I knew a guy named Bobby Trump that was scouting for whitetails in Southeast Georgia when a feral boar hog attacked him and he emptied the Browning but saved himself by skinning up a pine tree.

I've already stated my choice, but if I was going to pick a centerfire rifle for my 6 months in the wilderness, which where I live involves woods, the CZ527 in 7.62x39 would be a finalist. They are also chambered in 5.56mm/.223. The only problem is its a bit too pretty - however, a synthetic stock version is available. FMJ for smaller critters (rabbit size) soft points for deer (or pig) size game. One fly in the old chardonnay is extra magazines are expensive and I don't think they come in capacities over 5 rounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSu7EuQr6o4
    Last edited by Art; 12-27-2021 at 11:52.

The low sodium spam is fine

People in England survived on Rabbit during the war. It's stringy but tasty.
    People eat a lot of Chicken with no health problems, don't see why Rabbit
    would be any different. People in England didn't die from eating Rabbit, they
    died from bombs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dogtag View Post
    People in England survived on Rabbit during the war. It's stringy but tasty.
    People eat a lot of Chicken with no health problems, don't see why Rabbit
    would be any different. People in England didn't die from eating Rabbit, they
    died from bombs.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protein_poisoning