Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alec Baldwin

Default Alec Baldwin

Alec Baldwin cleared up one thing about the shooting on the movie set. "I did not pull the trigger!"

Strange how he would wait so long and so many lawsuits gathering before making such a statement.

Blog Entries

He didn't have to pull the triggger, but he did have it in his hand. The gun has no hammer block or transfer bar; hammer only had to be pulled back 1/4" to 3/8" and released to cause the gun to discharge off. That's why the oldtimers kept the hammer down on an empty chamber.
    Handling the gun, he may not have rememberd he unconciously "thumbed" the hammer. That is a natural, ergonomic "feel" for that type of pistol, just like putting your finger on the trigger of a firearm is the natural "feel" of handling a firearm, and why we pound it into junior shooters to keep their finger off the trigger untill they are in position and ready to fire.
    Last edited by PWC; 12-01-2021 at 08:20.

Quote Originally Posted by PWC View Post
    He didn't have to pull the triggger, but he did have it in his hand. The gun has no hammer block or transfer bar; hammer only had to be pulled back 1/4" to 3/8" and released to cause the gun to discharge off. That's why the oldtimers kept the hammer down on an empty chamber.
    Handling the gun, he may not have rememberd he unconciously "thumbed" the hammer.
    Sometimes the old timers kept the hammer down on an empty chamber and sometimes they didn't. In the gunfight in Waco, Texas between W.C. Brann and Tom Davis in 1898 (I wrote about it at length previously) both men had their Colt Single Actions loaded with six cartridges and both fired all six in the process of mortally wounding each other. Wyatt Earp once barely escaped being injured or killed in a freak accident when a pistol he was carrying in his coat pocket fell out when he rocked back in a chair, landed on the hammer and went off. The bullet went through his coat but not Earp. Sometimes safety trumped the extra round for those guys and sometimes it didn't.
    Last edited by Art; 12-02-2021 at 05:45.

Art when on the job, 5 rounds or 6 in your revolver?

Cops I talked to back then usually said 5.

I'm sure Baldwin's attorney is screaming at him to STFU!
    "No man's life, liberty, or property is safe, while Congress is in session." Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by togor View Post
    Art when on the job, 5 rounds or 6 in your revolver?

Cops I talked to back then usually said 5.
    Six. The hammer block on modern revolvers makes them safe with six. I know the NYPD, FBI, and every department I delt with in Texas loaded to capacity with wheel guns.

Why where they using first or second generation SAA?

He failed to confirm the status of the firearm. Was it "Cold" or not?

What type ammo was found .38 Spl or .357Mag.

there appears to be no set in concrete procedures for this entire Charlie Foxtrot!

Sounds like a bunch of liberals to me that had never handled a gun of any kind. Per my readings, some of the cast were excited over this new toy and liked to shoot cans while not filming. It sounds like the whole bunch didn't know the difference between blanks, dummy rounds and live ammo.

There was apparently only one gun on the set, so it was the same one everyone was playing with.

Bottom line is, no matter who tells you a gun is cold, safe, empty, etc, the user should check it himself before aiming it at someone and firing. If the user doesn't know the difference between live ammo, dummies and blanks he should ask, get help, or whatever.

Baldwin funded that whole movie production and obviously did not want to spend money on experts to supervise cast and crew. Now he's blaming the woman ciniotogrpher as the culprit and also saying he's not sorry at all! He is a wack jod and stupid and a dimocrat!