Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Did I do good??

TKacook, Go to the very first post and look at the pictures in the Gun Broker add for the rifle.

Yes Dick, it was too good to be true!! With that being said since it is a good looking rifle and not way overpriced it seems that this rifle is growing on me LOL!!!
    Think I will just hold onto it for a while and just refer to it as a BASTARD 84
    Would be nice to see pictures of your project rifle Dick when it?s completed.

Sorry, I was replying to Dick Hosmer on his project.
    Never Give Up, Never Surrender!

Quote Originally Posted by Tkacook View Post
    Sorry, I was replying to Dick Hosmer on his project.
    I'll have to take some pics - I'm not very far along. As noted, it will be a "5-footer". Not attempting to replicate the friction breech, or the special M1879 Buckhorn sight, just the over-all length and general appearance. I may even cheat a bit on the latch and spring, and doubt that I will be able to achieve perfect alignment at the two hand-filed triangular holes, but I have a 'beater' 1880 rod to gauge by so as not to scratch up the rare one. I have a sorta close receiver (191xxx vs. the correct 1974xx) but am always open to TRADING for a closer one, if anyone can help.