Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Store Looters In California

I just saw on today's world news about hordes of looters, I think 80, pulled their cars in front of a large store and just went inside and stole a bunch of items in one minute and drove away. Three looters got arrested.

I have an idea how to send the message to these looters but after the Rittenhouse trial, I'd be reluctant. What can be done to prevent such behavior without using measures of the greatest extreme?
    Last edited by tmark; 11-22-2021 at 05:57.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    That certainly would get their attention!!!!!!!

4. Default

Shoot out their tires while they are inside. If the cops and store security did that the clean up would be easy.

Just slash the tires. That would be cheaper than shooting.

Well, Lyman, the big stores won't go to this method but in states that allow the use of deadly force to protect property you'll start to see people laying in on their business property. especially in periods of "unrest." I personally know of one case where that happened.

The methods of "Rooftop Koreans" may start to extend to more than Koreans.
    Last edited by Art; 11-23-2021 at 01:39.

These people aren't robbing mom and pop stores. Shoot one of them and go through the Rittenhouse experience.

8. Default

I'm just thinking fish hooks. What can you do with an array of fish hooks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Art View Post
    Well, Lyman, the big stores won't go to this method but in states that allow the use of deadly force to protect property you'll start to see people laying in on their business property. especially in periods of "unrest." I personally know of one case where that happened.

The methods of "Rooftop Koreans" may start to extend to more than Koreans.
    big box and chain grocery don't want the hassle,

they would rather you try to engage by acknowledging (Hi! did you find everything you are looking for, and may I direct you to the check out lanes, ??) vs stop and have arrested,

big box and chain grocery don't want the hassle,

they would rather you try to engage by acknowledging (Hi! did you find everything you are looking for, and may I direct you to the check out lanes, ??) vs stop and have arrested,
    Correct, I'm referring to small and mid size businesses in some states only, where the owner can't absorb the loss.

I've used this example before. When I worked for the 'gubmint our office was across US 59 from the Third Ward, a higher crime area. Right down from our office by the highway was an old school Texaco station run by a gentleman who, as I recall, was a resident of said Third Ward. His gas station started getting burglarized on a somewhat regular basis so he started sleeping in his office several nights a week. One day he hears glass break, peeks out of his door and there is a teenager taking stuff. The proprietor grabs a short barrel (but legal) shotgun, slips up behind the kid, grabs him by the collar, jams the gun in his ribs and says "don't move." The kid moved. The result was a dead teenager and an awful mess. Where I live that's still justifiable homicide and nothing happened to the old boy. It went to a grand jury for the protection of the business owner and he was no billed but that was a formality. If that happened again, since it was a black on black homicide nothing would still happen and there would be no demonstrations. If the owner was white there would be a lot of unpleasantness but it would still be a justifiable shooting.

In many states that scenario would be, if not an illegal killing, at least be subject to some real legal scrutiny.
    Last edited by Art; 11-24-2021 at 06:38.