Default Ruger Blackhawk problem

Went to the range last week, loaded my 41 mag and fired 2 rounds but could not bring hammer about half way then it stopped. factory ammo, gun had been cleaned prior to firing. maybe rim variations? Don't have calipers to check the rims. Any one else have this problem?

Never had such a problem before. Were you able to clear your revolver? Pull the cylinder pin and the cylinder should slip out. Maybe check the rims to see if one or more are possibly damaged? Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

3. Default

Had that problem with a Uberti; there was a burr around the firing pin hole. Doubt Ruger would be so sloppy, but you may have picked up some grit.

Looking at the cases, saw a very small piece of metal imbeded in rim next to the case wall. So tried that round and sure enough it would not rotate to fire position. It would rotate around until it came to the place where the headspace ramp. Thanks guys for the input.

Occasionally I have revolver cylinders come to a dead stop. Inspection revealed thick rims. I have taken those brass and filed down the head of the brass (empty brass) than it was OK. Doesn't take much filing, a pass or three.

6. Default

I had that problem with a Ruger Blackhawk 30 Carbine. The cases had gotten too long and were forcing the cases back against the recoil shield, tying up the cylinder. Try training the cases.