Default Early start on Winter projects.

Getting and early start on Winter M14 builds. Getting bored waiting around so this morning I put another rifle together. I have 6 receivers and necessary parts to complete these animals.

Receiver for this build is a Rock-Ola M-14 #1616, NM stainless steel barrel, NM reamed flash suppressor with NM front sight, unitized gas system, tuned Winchester trigger group, H&R op rod, ended up using a Winchester bolt headspaced at 1.633 even though the photo shows a Bula ready to go, Bassett mount with Leupold 3.5 - 10 scope, Atlas bipod. Hope to get out on the range for function firing later today. USGI stock with riser drilled in and of course, one of Hawks's wonderful Ambi kits. Whatta Hobby!

Winter 3.jpgWinter 1.jpgWinter 4.jpgWinter 5.jpgWinter 6.jpg

Nice! Who does your barreling and headspacing?

I have a M14 to put together, but no one I trust locally to do the barreling job.
    Enfield, everything else is just a rifle. Unless it's a Garand.

Long pig, it's what's for Dinner!

Quote Originally Posted by Hal O'Peridol View Post
    Nice! Who does your barreling and headspacing?

I have a M14 to put together, but no one I trust locally to do the barreling job.
    I have been doing them myself for over 50 years. You might check with Ted Brown/Shooter's Den in Oregon, he has an excellent reputation with the M14.

Thank you
    Enfield, everything else is just a rifle. Unless it's a Garand.

Long pig, it's what's for Dinner!

Done a little more fitting on my 1616 project. Painted the handguard and changed out to a new muzzle device I am trying. Whatta Hobby!

1616 project 1.jpg1616 project 2.jpg1616 project 3.jpg1616 project 4.jpg1616 project 5.jpg