Default question on Browning 12ga semi auto shotgun markings

Sometime around 1950, my Uncle traded into a nice Browning semi auto 12 ga shotgun from a
    retired US Army Officer. The Browning had a rib and choke installed too. my uncle did alot of
    hunting in South Dakota and Illinois until the late 60's. After he died in the 70's, I got the Browning.

In checking the data, I found out this Browning was made by Remington for FN after WW2 and noticed
    the fore-end is marked "3 SHOT" I have not noticed this 3 shot marking on other Browning shotguns
    What was the reason for the 3 shot stamping?p1010026_0027.jpgp1010024_0025.jpgp1010025_0026.jpg

Blog Entries

Fed game laws IIRC,

it should have a shorter mag tube too,

The Nazis occupied the FN factory during WWII and production of the Browning shotgun was transferred to Remington Arms in the U.S. I don't remember Remington making a three shot variation of the Model 11 shotgun, but maybe they did. The Remington made Brownings had a letter prefix of A, B, or C which was for 16 gauge, 12 gauge, or 20 gauge in that order (I think).

The serial number on the Browning shotgun is B12640 which is around 1947.

Did Remington manufactured Browning shotguns during the time period all have
    the "BROWNING 3 SHOT" marking on the fore-end ?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RCS View Post
    The serial number on the Browning shotgun is B12640 which is around 1947.

Did Remington manufactured Browning shotguns during the time period all have
    the "BROWNING 3 SHOT" marking on the fore-end ?
    no,

That is the only Remington made Browning I have seen with the three shot marking. Remington made a "Sportsman" three shot from the early 1930's up until the end of production of the Model 11 in the late 1940's. Apparently they made some three shot Brownings also.