Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

It is my understanding that this occurs because of handling the components. If you notice, you will not find this on any factory ammo. No handling of the components during assembly. If you wish to reload ammo for long term storage, use some surgical gloves.
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.
    Author unkown.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMOhio View Post
    It is my understanding that this occurs because of handling the components. If you notice, you will not find this on any factory ammo. No handling of the components during assembly. If you wish to reload ammo for long term storage, use some surgical gloves.
    curious how handling matters, since in the case I mentioned, I never touched the powder or inside the brass cases,

reloading done in an insulated room, kept well within the tolerances of temp and humidity,

I am sure you touched the bullets. Oil deposit from you hand, difference between metal, copper coated bullets up against the brass case. Where do you see this appear. I have only seen it where he bullet contacts the case. It is after all a chemical process.
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.
    Author unkown.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMOhio View Post
    I am sure you touched the bullets. Oil deposit from you hand, difference between metal, copper coated bullets up against the brass case. Where do you see this appear. I have only seen it where he bullet contacts the case. It is after all a chemical process.
    I have, and have seen bullets that had some color change (really just a shade variation) from the finger oils over time, but that was more of a tarnish,
    not the level of verdigris or corrosion that Liam and I had using that powder (in my case I know the powder broke down or spoiled)