Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Biden?s federal mileage tax

You knew Biden was going to do this sooner or later.

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid....2322894435193

2. Default

Might be a good idea to check the actual bill rather than relying on facecrap.

Quote Originally Posted by oscars View Post
    Might be a good idea to check the actual bill rather than relying on facecrap.
    What does it say that disagrees with mileage tax?

Blog Entries

Surprised? Why? In the back days, politicians were all concerned about the "farm vote." Then life happened. Folks moved. The rural areas were depopulated. The cities and suburbs became valuable political properties to be mined for votes. A relatively painless tax for the rural folks will now be replaced w/ a relatively painless tax for city/urban folks Stinks for those of us who drive a pile of miles annually. Sweet for those whose mileage is mostly limited to local city stuff. For business it is a plus ... i.e., much more predictable costs. Looks like this will come down to majority rule. Vox Polupi. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bruce View Post
    Surprised? Why? In the back days, politicians were all concerned about the "farm vote." Then life happened. Folks moved. The rural areas were depopulated. The cities and suburbs became valuable political properties to be mined for votes. A relatively painless tax for the rural folks will now be replaced w/ a relatively painless tax for city/urban folks Stinks for those of us who drive a pile of miles annually. Sweet for those whose mileage is mostly limited to local city stuff. For business it is a plus ... i.e., much more predictable costs. Looks like this will come down to majority rule. Vox Polupi. Sincerely. bruce.
    one of those links I posted gave exactly what you mentioned for pros and cons,

another suggested that the gas tax would be eliminated , or replaced by the mileage tax, (and a comparison showed a very low increase between to 2)

I doubt the gas tax will be repealed, too much $$$ to loose, regardless of any new income,

Taxes rarely are replaced.

Wait till you see what those 80,000 new IRS jobs are for! You'll be watched for every withdrawal from your checking/savings account over $600! Big Brother is watching evry move you make!

Interesting that Biden wants banks to report all transactions that exceed $600. Communism is right around the corner.
    Last edited by Merc; 09-27-2021 at 07:25.

10. Default

That would flag my credit card every month, and I only use it where I have to.

I guess any family that has cheated as much as the Bidens figures everyone else is just like them, but unlike them, needs watching.
    Last edited by Johnny P; 09-27-2021 at 07:44.