Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: Covid vaccines

1. Default

But Allen they don't have miscellaneous on a cracker barrel menu you have to stick to the menu , but they do have breakfast all day .

Here's the issue to me.

If went through some of the top forums.

The M1/M14 forum leads the pack with four threads this month two by nfle

The Smallbore and Sport forum has one thread this month and its the first since March

The M16 forum has one thread this month and its the first since December last year.

The M1 Carbine forum has had one thread this month and that's the only one since Sept.

The last thread on the SMLE forum was last month.

In my dislexic scattered mind may have missed something but I think you get the point.

This is supposed to be a gun forum weighted toward military surplus and vintage weapons with a tip of the hat to history, especially military history and politics ostensibly related, at least peripherally to shooting and gun ownership. I remember well spirited conversations on this forum about things like what constituted an M1903A1, or occasional threads relating to items like the pros and cons of the T34 tank just about none of that stuff any more.

While this is a forum for people to post miscellaneous stuff I recall when the bulk (though certainly far from all) of the miscellaneous stuff IIRC related to firearms and firearms issues and historical topics.

Now a disclaimer, I've posted assorted stuff on this forum and I don't have a problem with this thread as such. It's the lack of stuff the site used to be about that concerns me.
    Last edited by Art; 10-24-2021 at 12:30. Reason: Spelling, typos, grammar

3. Default

I like the pancakes myself .
    Last edited by one shot; 10-24-2021 at 12:38.

I’ve tried to stimulate conversations on a few gun threads - and got crickets. The interest just isn’t there anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Merc View Post
    I’ve tried to stimulate conversations on a few gun threads - and got crickets. The interest just isn’t there anymore.
    Yer right. The MilSurp thing was from 1950 thru 1995(even the date looks old). It's over. I never cared about black powder and now no one cares about WWII stuff. I have had my time with milsurp. Sorry, but the title of the thread was covid vaccines.
    Last edited by dryheat; 10-27-2021 at 02:37.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

My granddaughter works at a major hospital cardiac unit. Her specialty is operating a life support system known as ECMO (Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation). It’s normally used to provide heart lung functions while the heart is stopped during open heart surgery. ECMO is now used to keep end stage COVID patients alive. She sees them every day. Young and old. They all have two things in common. Unvaccinated. Waited too long before seeking treatment.
    Last edited by Merc; 10-27-2021 at 03:17.

Quote Originally Posted by dryheat View Post
    Yer right. The MilSurp thing was from 1950 thru 1995(even the date looks old). It's over. I never cared about black powder and now no one cares about WWII stuff. I have had my time with milsurp. Sorry, but the title of the thread was covid vaccines.
    The thing I wonder about is who are all the observers I often see at the bottom of the topic page. I might see 20 or more, and zero members. I think there’s some interest in our forum, but very little participation.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Merc View Post
    interest is there, as in out there,

however,

between the trollish behavior in the past, and the competition out there (other forums that were and still are moderated better than this place was during the same time period) the folks have left here,

some passed,
    some are on various other forums,

some have changed interests or stopped collecting,

- - - Updated - - -

BTW 59 people have read this thread, all members