Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    Vox or The Slate??
    Something not credible.
    I DDUW BO'R DIOLCH

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BudT View Post
    Something not credible.
    that would be both or them

Forget about the side effects of getting a vaccine shot and think about the side effect of not getting a vaccine shot. My understanding is that over 99% of current COVID deaths are among the unvaccinated.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Ottawa View Post
    Forget about the side effects of getting a vaccine shot and think about the side effect of not getting a vaccine shot. My understanding is that over 99% of current COVID deaths are among the unvaccinated.
    I have many family and friends who have refused to be vaccinated. I will never understand their reasons that I have heard:

I trust my immune system. God will protect me. I will just wear a mask and wash my hands and I will be fine. The vaccine was developed too quickly and not tested thoroughly. The side effects are unknown or too severe. No one, especially the federal government, is going to tell me what to do.

What they fail to realize is (a) they are 15 times more likely to became seriously ill and die of COVID than those of us who are vaccinated, and (b) it is only a matter of time before everyone is exposed to COVID.

+1 Merc, well said.

6. Default

Got my 3rd pfizer pretty uneventful hopefully we all have the opportunity to get the shots we choose to get .

Quote Originally Posted by Major Tom View Post
    My daughter had her 2 covid shots because her work requiered it. Last week her son (age 13) tested positive. They were both quarinteed for 17 days. Now my daughter has tested positive! So much for protection! Also, home test kits are unavailable, period! Thanks Joe!
    Did your children get sick? If they did not get sick the vaccines almost surely did their job. The vaccine is supposed to prevent disease, at this no vaccine is 100% effective. The seasonal flu vaccine is sometimes only 40% effective at preventing disease. If a vaccine does not prevent infection it's supposed to mitigate the symptoms. Lyman (below) is 100% correct on this point.

I listened to a talk show (Hanity's) where the mother in law (I believe that's correct) of a Texas State Policeman, 37 years old, who was working the border, caught COVID and died. When asked if the fellow had been vaccinated the lady said "no." My sympathy level went down a couple of pegs at that point.

This is a very serious disease, I've had a "moderate" case and I can tell you that it was the sickest I've ever been without being hospitalized.
    Last edited by Art; 09-29-2021 at 02:28.

On Saturday the 25th, I caught a radio show out of Canada, that had a Ontario dept. of Health spokesman, who indicated "talk with you Doctor," if you have the various vaccine shot or shots, don't worry as all vaccine will go through the "waning vaccine" in efficacy. Which is standard procedure ,as your body has the markers to regenerate new antibodies.

Leave the booster, only if your Doctor recommends it due to: over 65 and other health situations you are a first responder, teacher, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Ottawa View Post
    IF you believed the MSM...

Israel is recognized as the most heavily vaccinated nation on earth. 80% of covid patients, in the hospitals, are vaccinated. the vaccine is working so well, that Norway has refused entry of anyone coming from Israel vaccinated or not...

Quote Originally Posted by Ltdave View Post
    IF you believed the MSM...

Israel is recognized as the most heavily vaccinated nation on earth. 80% of covid patients, in the hospitals, are vaccinated. the vaccine is working so well, that Norway has refused entry of anyone coming from Israel vaccinated or not...
    Has Norway rejected the vaccine? Have the Israelis conclude the vaccine is no good? No and no.

Selectively assembling facts to drive towards a preferred conclusion.