Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Covid vaccines

see post below. somehow got a double post.
    Last edited by Hal O'Peridol; 10-02-2021 at 09:37.
    Enfield, everything else is just a rifle. Unless it's a Garand.

Long pig, it's what's for Dinner!

I'm back and togor, please kiss my ever lovin 4th point of contact.

I worked as an RN for 20 years at a regional level 2 trauma center. I have had extensive infectious disease training and education since 1998 and every year since then up to retirement. A mask does not do crap against a virus. Most of the masks sold and worn are not even medical grade, so useless. The only masks PROVEN to work against a virus are N95 masks and PAPR systems. It is all virtue signalling, and worse than useless, as it gives John Q the feeling of false protection.

Yes I got vaccinated, and not one of the experimental, rushed to production mRNA shots.

So, what are your bona fides beside being a keyboard cowboy?
    Last edited by Hal O'Peridol; 10-02-2021 at 09:33.

Quote Originally Posted by one shot View Post
    Well my opinion is the more you talk about it the more it causes irritable bowel syndrome , if you want the shot roll up your sleeve if not live with your decision .
    ….and express regret on your death bed that you decided not to be vaccinated. The vast majority of these deaths are avoidable.
    Last edited by Merc; 10-03-2021 at 03:46.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Hal O'Peridol View Post
    I'm back and togor, please kiss my ever lovin 4th point of contact.

I worked as an RN for 20 years at a regional level 2 trauma center. I have had extensive infectious disease training and education since 1998 and every year since then up to retirement. A mask does not do crap against a virus. Most of the masks sold and worn are not even medical grade, so useless. The only masks PROVEN to work against a virus are N95 masks and PAPR systems. It is all virtue signalling, and worse than useless, as it gives John Q the feeling of false protection.

Yes I got vaccinated, and not one of the experimental, rushed to production mRNA shots.

So, what are your bona fides beside being a keyboard cowboy?
    I'm honestly interested Hal what vaccine did you take ,

5. Default

There are only three approved vaccines: the two mRNA vaccines (Pfizer and Moderna) and the viral vector vaccine (J and J) which does not approach the efficacy of the mRNA vaccines (66-70% vs 95%).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by oscars View Post
    There are only three approved vaccines: the two mRNA vaccines (Pfizer and Moderna) and the viral vector vaccine (J and J) which does not approach the efficacy of the mRNA vaccines (66-70% vs 95%).
    If people don't want the vaccine, they shouldn't have to get it.

This crisis is overwhelming impacting Trump winning counties.
    Last edited by Roadkingtrax; 10-03-2021 at 10:41.
    "The first gun that was fired at Fort Sumter sounded the death-knell of slavery. They who fired it were the greatest practical abolitionists this nation has produced." ~BG D. Ullman

Hi Hal,

Whether the mRNA shot rewrites your DNA or not is biology not opinion. I'm no expert on it but I will go with the explanation given, that the messenger RNA (mRNA) tells cells to pump out copies of the spike protein for awhile, then they go back to doing other things. Those spike proteins then get other parts of the immune system going.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/art-20506465

From the link:

After delivering instructions, the mRNA is immediately broken down. It never enters the nucleus of your cells, where your DNA is kept. Both the Pfizer-BioNTech and the Moderna COVID-19 vaccines use mRNA.
    If you want to believe something different you can, and I'll go with what these guys are saying, again, because there are too many people who would call them on it if it wasn't factually true.

Added:

As for masks, I have a kid who is an MD, who does intubations. For those intubations, yeah full N95, etc. For normal operations, less of that. Analogy I have heard that makes sense to me is, the mask is like a raincoat, the virus like raindrops, the goal is to not get wet. In a light rain, a light raincoat can be enough. In a heavy downpour, a heavy raincoat needed. And as far as getting wet goes, a little dampness or a few drops is not the same as getting soaked. Time out in the rain matters too. All day versus 15 minutes. YMMV. But arguing that light raincoats are useless, certainly someone can be of that opinion, but they still sell a lot of light raincoats so people must use them for something.
    Last edited by togor; 10-03-2021 at 11:12. Reason: addendum on masks

8. Default

Nothing prevents the virus, but Mayo Clinic says the masks help. Who you gonna believe?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by togor View Post
    Hi Hal,

Whether the mRNA shot rewrites your DNA or not is biology not opinion. I'm no expert on it but I will go with the explanation given, that the messenger RNA (mRNA) tells cells to pump out copies of the spike protein for awhile, then they go back to doing other things. Those spike proteins then get other parts of the immune system going.

From the link:

If you want to believe something different you can, and I'll go with what these guys are saying, again, because there are too many people who would call them on it if it wasn't factually true.

Added:

As for masks, I have a kid who is an MD, who does intubations. For those intubations, yeah full N95, etc. For normal operations, less of that. Analogy I have heard that makes sense to me is, the mask is like a raincoat, the virus like raindrops, the goal is to not get wet. In a light rain, a light raincoat can be enough. In a heavy downpour, a heavy raincoat needed. And as far as getting wet goes, a little dampness or a few drops is not the same as getting soaked. Time out in the rain matters too. All day versus 15 minutes. YMMV. But arguing that light raincoats are useless, certainly someone can be of that opinion, but they still sell a lot of light raincoats so people must use them for something.

linky link,,,, still waiting for that answer

Quote Originally Posted by togor View Post
    Hi Hal,

From the link:

Added:

Now you are being deliberately obtuse. Again, what is your training and background?