Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

My grandmother had one of those wringer washing machines. Like said, they lasted forever but were dangerous. She had a damaged finger from getting it caught in the rollers and yes, they were rough on the buttons too.

Getting back to the new style washers. My sister in law and some co-workers complained about their new machines not cleaning and having to wash the clothes several times. I think in all cases they had to go to a different detergent and now like the washers.

You may have to do some on-line reserch as to what others did or suggest. I doubt the sales staff where the machine was bought will be of much help.

We have tried to keep our appliances as simple as possible, no smart stuff except one TV and the phones. they ain't that smart. When we moved into the Idaho house we got rid of the stove/range and replaced it with a much older rebuilt coil type and it works well for us then the refrigerator was hauled away and replaced with a older gone through one. We did buy a new washer and dryer which was the old style not high energy efficient or loaded with smart features just a very simple old style set. They are a bit noisy but they work great as do the other things. Used appliance stores can be your friend when you want a simple appliance go look. The old gas refrigerators lasted forever and I wish I had bought one 40 years ago. To soon old to late smart, oh well maybe next time.
    BudT
    Last edited by BudT; 09-20-2021 at 07:23.
    I DDUW BO'R DIOLCH

I stopped by a yard sale yesterday and saw a washer for sale. It was one just like mine. I guess they didn't like it either.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by dryheat View Post
    I stopped by a yard sale yesterday and saw a washer for sale. It was one just like mine. I guess they didn't like it either.
    I think they call that a clue.
    I DDUW BO'R DIOLCH

"Washing machines that just look like washing machines "

Oh, wait, no where to put the clothes in.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    "Washing machines that just look like washing machines "

Oh, wait, no where to put the clothes in.
    Larry,Moe and Curly Joe's car, AKA Lefties bubble with doughnut tires. The green group.
    I DDUW BO'R DIOLCH

7. Default

I can still remember the smell of fresh sheets hung out on a clothes line to dry.

Quote Originally Posted by dryheat View Post
    Until I get rid of this thing I might have to use the bathroom sink or the ce-ment pond.
    Pray tell, what manufacturer/brand name!

Whirlpool/Maytag. They are the same co. now. I just came back from my brothers. I used their washer and everything is nice and clean. I'm hoping that you can still buy a normal washer(with agitator) that will do the job. Just don't get anything "high efficient".
    I called them yesterday and Monday probably isn't the best day. "We are experiencing heaver than normal calls, please stay on the line". I am going to have to dedicate a day to arguing with them.
    Last edited by dryheat; 09-21-2021 at 12:44.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    that made me LOL

wife and I got marred in 1986 (35 yrs and 5 days ago),
    when I met her grandmother, she (grandmother) was still using one of those old style washers,

looked like a barrel attached to a frame, with the rollers to roll out the water,
    damn thing had what looked like an old truck gear shift on the side to make it work,

she passed in the late 90's,, and was still using it ,,,,,
    they sold it after she passed, for as much as a new washer cost
    That's where the saying comes from "Getting your tit caught in the wringer"