Default Half of gun sales going to the Ladies ...

It's no longer "shrink it and pink it" although I would have thought Women
    would favor 380s or maybe revolvers like the S&W Ladysmith, but Glocks
    seem to be popular. Ugly things. Life's too short to have an ugly gun.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/women-a...ds-11631792761

Why they would teach Women to kick in doors and go room to room seems a little over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by dogtag View Post
    Glocks seem to be popular. Ugly things. Life's too short to have an ugly gun.
    I have a couple of them myself. They are ugly. Perhaps women like them because they have few levers, switches, flippers, buttons, knobs and doohickey's. Just pick them up and pull the trigger. This wouldn't account for the preference over a revolver though unless it is the capacity of the Glocks.

Glad to see women arming themselves.

Blog Entries

women like what women like,

most don't like it when a man tries to sell them something because they (the man) thinks they will like it,

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    women like what women like,

most don't like it when a man tries to sell them something because they (the man) thinks they will like it,
    Or even worse:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqrFpoxWqfU

My daughter has had my 3" S&W Model 66 which is her nightstand gun, for over 20 years.

After years of shopping, without success, with my wife for something she might like, she has laid claim to my M1 Carbine (she really, really likes that little rifle.) It's her nightstand gun.
    Last edited by Art; 09-16-2021 at 01:36.

Quote Originally Posted by Art View Post
    Or even worse:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqrFpoxWqfU

My daughter has had my 3" S&W Model 66 which is her nightstand gun, for over 20 years.

After years of shopping, without success, with my wife for something she might like, she has laid claim to my M1 Carbine (she really, really likes that little rifle.) It's her nightstand gun.
    You couldn't have put those 2 guns to better use and your daughter probably treasures them because they were her Dad's.

I gave my daughter 2 of my little snubbies. One, a SS Rossi 2" 38 to keep in her car, the other a Taurus 85 ultra-lite 2" to carry in her purse (she's permitted) and some +P ammo. Her nightstand has her Taurus 85 titanium 2" that I bought for her long ago because it is purple, a finish that Taurus no longer sells.
    Last edited by Allen; 09-16-2021 at 02:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    You couldn't have put those 2 guns to better use and your daughter probably treasures them because they were her Dad's.

I gave my daughter 2 of my little snubbies. One, a SS Rossi 2" 38 to keep in her car, the other a Taurus 85 ultra-lite 2" to carry in her purse (she's permitted) and some +P ammo. Her nightstand has her Taurus 85 titanium 2" that I bought for her long ago because it is purple, a finish that Taurus no longer sells.
    interestingly our son in law has an H&K P30 our son gave him. It's a DAO and he (our son) decided he wanted a DA/SA version with a safety so the son in law got his old P30. The son in law was an anti gunner before he move to Texas from the mid west, now, obviously not. He has the gun, the CHL, the whole "9."
    Last edited by Art; 09-17-2021 at 12:04.

Blog Entries

back to the woman part,,,

before Cooties a coworker, young guy, all tacticool, was in the area when a couple came in to get a pistol repaired,

I don't recall the brand, black polymer and popular,, so it could have been one of 4- 6 pistol companies

anyhoo, husband a wife are describing the issue to one of the clerks and coworker jumps in the conversation,

listens a bit,, and suggests the pistol was not at fault, she had to be limp wristing it,
    had to be

he had missed the part of the conversation where both were competitors, shooting local IDPA type matches,,,

hubby says no,,, pretty sure that is not it, coworker insisted it was,, then both, after a bit, lit into him,

he tucked tail and retreated,, we sent the pistol off for repair,

had another couple come in one night later in the evening,
    not sure if they were a couple or just dating, thinking it may have been just a date or 2 in the relationship
    anyway,, dude was a bit squirrelly, like he was trying to empress her with his gun knowledge and wanted to show her what he shoots etc,

he looked at a few pistols, had a coworker work with him since he was more of a squirrel than I felt like dealing with, and I was talking to the lady

he (squirrel) mentioned she shot a bit, and then she asked to look at a nice used goldcup I had,,

after watching her hold and look over the pistol a moment, I asked her if she shot comps,,
    she looked at me and smiled, so I asked, Bullseye?,, she nodded and smiled again,

not sure if her date even knew what that was

I do see women buying some guns but where I see the most activity is the local CCW instructors giving lots of classes to women. One instructor in particular will loan one of his guns for a student to qualify with if they bring their own ammo to the range. He also does private classes mixed classes and all women or man classes, what ever they want. Same guy is booked for months and he has his own private range. He and another local business man also do a hour on a local radio program on guns and part of it is CCW, lots of people carry here both open and concealed. Seems as though the women favor the enhanced carry permit more then men but that's just my observation and probably not accurate.
    I DDUW BO'R DIOLCH