Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BudT View Post
    Might be a good reason to buy a .350 Legend, no? Who-tee-Who has a good penetration vid on u-tube. The round penetrated pretty good and would make a good hunting round for short range under 250 yards or so.
    If other people have these same thoughts then this ammo will disappear as well.

I would buy an ample amount of ammo first (at WM prices) then buy the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    If other people have these same thoughts then this ammo will disappear as well.

I would buy an ample amount of ammo first (at WM prices) then buy the gun.
    Yep, that would be the plan, first 10-12 boxes of the ammo then the gun.

Today's pick of blackberries from my one plant.
    Attachment 49612
    I DDUW BO'R DIOLCH

3. Default

Time to switch to a front stuffer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jaie5070 View Post

I've not seen a shortage locally for BP projectiles, but if you were planning on a BP shotgun, lead shot has been in short supply

Quote Originally Posted by jaie5070 View Post
    Tried to buy caps lately? powder? bullets? been in real short supply here. If I really needed powder I would check with Buffalo Arms up in northern ID and if they had what I wanted I would make the drive, for real BP that is. I already have enough substitute BP like Pyrodex, Blackhorn and Shoky's Gold and a can if 2fg GOEX so I'm good for life unless I load more ctgs with it.
    I DDUW BO'R DIOLCH

I didn't know! I have lots of brass and an OK supply of bullets, powder and primers,. so I have been coasting. I have what I need for elk hunting now plus I can always fall back on the black powder guns.

jn

Interesting to say the least and makes perfect sense, I also agree that it could be up to two years before it gets a lot better. If this administration continues doing the total stupid stuff they have done since day one were in for a disaster of monumental proportions.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugDKOCD6GSU

Quote Originally Posted by BudT View Post
    Interesting to say the least and makes perfect sense, I also agree that it could be up to two years before it gets a lot better. If this administration continues doing the total stupid stuff they have done since day one were in for a disaster of monumental proportions.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugDKOCD6GSU
    10-4. It seems we are quickly becoming a 3rd world nation. Our constitutional rights are being questioned every day, our laws are only enforced for the good of politicians/judges, punishment for murder is becoming more of a misdemeanor, we have no borders, politicians sell and give away our military technology and equipment to our enemies, our dollar is becoming worthless, everything is free at taxpayers expense, our resources are drying up, food shortages exist in some areas, diseases that were eradicated years ago are making a comeback due to all the chit we are allowing to move here, we pay other countrys to develop new viruses that will kill lives and destroy economies all over the world and the list goes on.

The day is coming soon at this rate where reloading should be for self defense more so than for hunting and target practice sorry to say.

In regards to the video, our current administration will see to it that there is always a shortage of NATO rounds, even if we have to give it all to the taliban. Biden also wants to ban Russian ammo and primers preventing some of the common ammo from being obtained and reloaded.

In most cases the ammo is more important than the gun unless you already have a good supply.
    Last edited by Allen; 09-05-2021 at 07:57.

If the priority is in fact for Nato ammo and that's whats holding the rest of it up it's easy to see how many ways this administration can and no doubt will hold up production of all of the rest of ammo and components to the civilian side. This is nothing more than a end run gun control. I'm positive they will do this at any opportunity. People had better have plenty of their own on hand and not let it slip one inch or they will simply be SOL. With the unprecedented loss of American weapons of war that was just handed over to the Taliban it's easy to see that it was planned by Biden and the rest of the administration. By the way the Biden loss is the largest in American history of warfare no other loss comes close, God what a mess this is going to cause. We witnessed history in the making that was bigger than Dunkirk and that one was bad. Are we entering the the next Nazi reign? The long standing alliance between England and the U.S. was broken by Biden and his admin. we are alone no one trusts now.
    BudT
    BudT
    I DDUW BO'R DIOLCH

Blog Entries

Take up archery.
    "The first gun that was fired at Fort Sumter sounded the death-knell of slavery. They who fired it were the greatest practical abolitionists this nation has produced." ~BG D. Ullman