Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Hunting season is upon us and ammo is still scarce

All though ammo is in some supply it is hunting ammo that is not available in variety or quantity. Example, was at several stores over the last week or so and watched several people coming in and asking for .300 Win Mag or some other ammo and nope not there. Where can we get some? we don't know of any anywhere but we have 300,000.00 dollars worth on back order. When are you expecting the orders? sometime in the next 2 years, sad and shocked faces. I'm hoping it's better in other places and it's just out west and isolated to 1/2 dozen states or so.
    BudT

Ammo of any caliber is very scarce here as well as reloading componets. If Pelosi's multi trillion bill is passed into law, firearms and ammo will be heavily taxed.

I don't know yet if they put new taxes or fees on ammo or guns but I do know that they passed and hiding in the bunker biden will sign anything the pelozie chucky bunch sends to him, a new tax on miles driven.That's going to be a serious disaster and that's being kind to it. Gonna be fun listening to the lefties bitch about having to pay more and the new battery powered 300 mile cars they will have jammed up their Azz. Hair sniffer loves this chit as much as he loves the retreat after the surrender in Afghan capitol. But hey, we got this dork for another 3+ years, God help us. People needing a box or two of ammo for deer and elk season are going to be SOL for more than the next two years, ammo company's are getting ready to raise prices again and the next one will be when?= stupid expensive. A box of Buffalo Bore 30-30 for between 55-90 dollars for 20 rounds and that price is right now, be still my heart.
    I DDUW BO'R DIOLCH

Blog Entries

was the same way last years,

had lot's of hunters , that apparently were living under a rock, come in and get all bent out of shape when there was no ammo to be had,

may be the same this year,

Dove season starts today at noon, and while ammo has been flowing ,, not much to pick from ,

From Southeast Texas: Centerfire hunting rifle ammo is almost non existent here, when available it can be very pricey. Rimfire is spotty. The good news is shot shells are abundant right now.

I have a buddy who's going dove hunting tomorrow, I think he had plenty of 20 gauge on hand.
    Last edited by Art; 09-04-2021 at 07:52.

Shelves still bare here at Walmart.

The best you could hope for is a box of 12ga 2 3/4" dove loads.

7. Default

Local Wally has dozens of boxes of .350 Legend, which apparently has been modified so it only works in bolt guns.

I pull the fmj bullets from surplus 30.06 and re-seat a 150 grain soft point projectile. Shoots really well in my sporterized 1903A3. I've got plenty of surplus rounds, but the soft points are getting scarce. No success with this in my Remington 742 though, it needs the hotter commercial load.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Art View Post
    From Southeast Texas: Centerfire hunting rifle ammo is almost non existent here, when available it can be very pricey. Rimfire is spotty. The good news is shot shells are abundant right now.

I have a buddy who's going dove hunting tomorrow, I think he had plenty of 20 gauge on hand.
    my oldest niece hunts, and I asked her if she had enough for Dove season,

she said yes at first,,, then I think she went and looked,

so I sent her about 2 cases of stuff I had picked up in an estate,

now,, I'm the best uncle ever

Quote Originally Posted by barretcreek View Post
    Local Wally has dozens of boxes of .350 Legend, which apparently has been modified so it only works in bolt guns.
    Might be a good reason to buy a .350 Legend, no? Who-tee-Who has a good penetration vid on u-tube. The round penetrated pretty good and would make a good hunting round for short range under 250 yards or so.
    Last edited by BudT; 09-04-2021 at 11:28.
    I DDUW BO'R DIOLCH