Default Decisions again.

With 3 LRB M14BR receivers on the way, I am in the process of trying to decide on a choice of barrels to use. What I have in the shop, or order new from Kreiger.
    Will probably use some of these initially and then go onto the Kreigers at a later date.

On hand:

2. USGI contour 22" chrome lined.
    1. Med weight SAKO Lowell repro.
    1. Ultra heavy 6.5 Creedmoor.
    2. Ultra heavy .308 Winchester.

Barrels.jpg

Are you also considering selling the barrels you have and using the Kreiger barrels you want? This is just a thought as your post seems to suggest that you actually prefer the Kreiger. Use the money you get for the barrels you sell to buy more barrels you want.
    I DDUW BO'R DIOLCH

No Sir, I would not sell the barrels. The Ultra heavies have not been made in years and there were only a few custom made at the time. They will outshoot the Kreigers by a mile. The idea of Kreigers is that they are a know commodity and replaceable. I intend keeping the ultras that I have as replacement barrels for my precision M14s. If they go one one of my current builds temporarily I won't be wearing them out.

Just bought 3 more receivers from another mfg so it looks like these barrels may all get used unless I order some new specific barrels for my Winter builds.

Will these builds be for semi-auto or a bolt action precision rifle? Thinking what you might do with that 6.5 creed.
    Last edited by JohnMOhio; 08-27-2021 at 07:51.
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.
    Author unkown.

All will be M14 semi autos. I have a few M14s in 6.5 Creedmoor and they have worked out well. One in the photo is sub 1/2 moa. Not an inexpensive project, but worth the effort.

Beast 3.jpg

Decisions? Ah yes! Decisions! Decisions! Decisions! Oh to have the problem of such decisions! Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

Ain't that what makes the world go round?