Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Tomatoes are coming off

2021 Cherokee purple tomatoes are coming off a few each day. Like the Armenian cukes they are nice size to. Black berries are almost done and string beans are coming on nicely even the Asian 3 foot beans. Basil is about done but squash is still making to much like the cukes. So far hair sniffer hasn't "f'-ed" this up but I guess there's always time for that to.

Attachment 49599

Blog Entries

Thank you! I'm tired of hearing bout Biden and Af'stan...

Makes me so angry...don't watch TV anymore, can't do anything to directly help

Quote Originally Posted by PWC View Post
    Thank you! I'm tired of hearing bout Biden and Af'stan...

Makes me so angry...don't watch TV anymore, can't do anything to directly help
    Potato crop here in ID is in pretty sad shape this year to but sugar beats are doing real well, I'm waiting for the sweet corn to start coming off, I love roasting ears with my chow. Archery season started today in a few zones and doves on the 1st so maybe in a day or two get the bow out and take it for a walk, then the shotgun for some bird. I wish all of this nightmare would go away right now but it ain't happening, it's only going to get worse. Oh well, when ya got lemons you make lemonade.
    I DDUW BO'R DIOLCH

Blog Entries

I was thinking you were a bit late, but then read the Idaho part,

my taters sucked this year,
    sweet potatoes as well,

onions did very well,

tomatoes, they come in here around the 4th,

5. Default

We get tomaters around the 4th of august , we just over plant to make up for the late harvest .

I don't think I planted anything until June so this would be about normal for here. I've been getting other things for some time and to be honest so much of some things I cant use all of it so I've been giving some away and in the case of the cucumbers I'm still having to throw quiet a few away.
    I DDUW BO'R DIOLCH

For those that have never seen a Armenian cucumber. I get from 1-3 of these and some larger per day. Very prolific cucumber and they are excellent eating as well as make great bread and butter pickles. We made around 50 quarts last year.

Attachment 49600
    I DDUW BO'R DIOLCH

[QUOTE=BudT;620521]For those that have never seen a Armenian cucumber. I get from 1-3 of these and some larger per day. Very prolific cucumber and they are excellent eating as well as make great bread and butter pickles. We made around 50 quarts last year.
    -Good job.
    Last edited by dryheat; 08-31-2021 at 12:49.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

First time in years that the blight didn't get at our tomatoes. We planted in a completely different spot, basically in the middle of a patch of mowed grass. Soil seems a bit compact, the plants didn't do as well, but they're still alive and bearing fruit. With the blight it would be dead vines right now.

Sowed a second crop of snow peas where we took out the first. We will see if any of them survive the August heat to bear fruit in September/October.

I just brought in the bulk of my San Marzano tomatoes. It was about a half-a-cooler. They should give us a year's worth of tomato sauce. Tomato sauce with a flavor that the canned stuff cannot match.

jn