Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 9 mm

1. Default 9 mm

Hi Guys, I collect mostly Military. I want to legally buy a brand new modern 9 MM pistol, any suggestions? I am in NJ.

Thanks Frank
    The trouble is,You think you have time.

Buddha

Quote Originally Posted by TAXICAT View Post
    Hi Guys, I collect mostly Military. I want to legally buy a brand new modern 9 MM pistol, any suggestions? I am in NJ.

Thanks Frank
    The Garden State does not want you to own a pistol and have designed the process to discourage you.

I assume you have an N.J. Firearms I.D. card that allows you to possess rifles and shotguns outside your own home (I still have mine lying around somewhere.) If not you need to get one. Next - go to your local P.D. and they will get you started with the process of getting a license to own a pistol. If you aren't an LEO the process is absolutely onerous and invasive to your personal life so it helps to be patient.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Art; 08-21-2021 at 02:45.

Blog Entries

after you have jumped thru the hoops and cleared all the hurdles, what type of pistol are you looking for?

Fullsize ?
    range target type?
    concealed carry? (is that allowed in NJ?)
    or pocket type?

10 round mag capacity limit?

Concealed carry is legal in N.J. but there is almost ho chance of ever getting one approved. If approved only fmj ammo can be carried. Yeah I used to live there. It was hard then and its a lot harder now.

Buy one illegally.It'll be a lot easier

6. Default

Gentleman I should have explained what I wanted to know more clearly. I am looking for a 9mm that is considered to be one of the most popular of the 9 mm pistols. The one that is one of the best to buy. Just a regular size, 10 rd mag .Something I won't regret buying.
    I was shocked with the ease of getting my Firearms ID address changed to my current address. I also applied for 3 pistol permits at the same time. It only took 10 days and cost 21 dollars. Everything now in NJ is done on computer and handled by the State Police. All transactions with FFL.
    Granted if you live some place were you don't have to deal with this good for you.
    The trouble is,You think you have time.

Buddha

Sig-Sauer P226......good enough for the Navy Seals and if the Taliban make it over here it's good enough for civilians..

Blog Entries

popular

Glock 19X
    Glock 19
    Glock 17
    Glock 45 (basically a 19x in black not peanut butter brown)

HK P30
    SIG 365 and 365XL
    SIG 320
    Beretta 92(and M9)

all sell well, reasonably priced,

my personal favorites run a bit vintage
    SIG 228
    SIG P9
    SIG 229 (not A1)

Sig 228, Browning Hi-Power,Colt Combat Commander,CZ75, not in any order of preference,but really you should seek out somewhere that you can handle and fire what you are interested in. Jim

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jmm03 View Post
    Sig 228, Browning Hi-Power,Colt Combat Commander,CZ75, not in any order of preference,but really you should seek out somewhere that you can handle and fire what you are interested in. Jim
    very good point made by JMM,

if you have a shooting range nearby that has rentals, go shoot some,