Default Some Taliban are trading their AKs for M16s ...

I wouldn't have thought that a good idea although I don't own either rifle
    so I'm not much of an authority on either. I have an SP1 but I guess they're now relics.

https://news.trust.org/item/20210817080253-r1u0o

Blog Entries

that's like the 9mm vs 45 or Ford vs Chevy debates as far as which is the best,

tho folks I konw that were there, say they would have liked something with a just a bit more distance

One of the reasons for the new preference of U.S. gear could be that the M4s the Taliban have now are completely tricked out with optics, infra red indicators, lights and stuff. I saw video this morning of two Taliban fighters carrying M4s in just that configuration. In the video of the Taliban briefing there was an old boy with an M16A4. It had no extras at all on it and looked very clean. Could he have gotten it directly from an arms room??

Lyman:

I think our guys in Afghanistan would like more range, but I don't think they'll willingly pay the weight penalty to get it. Current U.S. soldiers call the M16 "the musket," not complimentary.
    Last edited by Art; 08-18-2021 at 06:18.

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    that's like the 9mm vs 45 or Ford vs Chevy debates as far as which is the best,

tho folks I konw that were there, say they would have liked something with a just a bit more distance
    And more penetration -- Eugene Stoner didn't realize the bastards will get behind cover when the shooting starts.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Art View Post
    One of the reasons for the new preference of U.S. gear could be that the M4s the Taliban have now are completely tricked out with optics, infra red indicators, lights and stuff. I saw video this morning of two Taliban fighters carrying M4s in just that configuration. In the video of the Taliban briefing there was an old boy with an M16A4. It had no extras at all on it and looked very clean. Could he have gotten it directly from an arms room??

Lyman:

I think our guys in Afghanistan would like more range, but I don't think they'll willingly pay the weight penalty to get it. Current U.S. soldiers call the M16 "the musket," not complimentary.
    had a few young guys in the shop not long ago,

they were Army, out of FT Lee,

they referred to the A2's I had on the wall as muskets,

the AR's in what, to them, is normal, (16" Mforgeries) were called (by them) M4's

I doubt they are trading but building up and interesting gun collection.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

7. Default

Good, Taliban will be deaf soon.

Deaf and dumb. That's bad combination.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.